Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gay Marriage:

Options
  • 02-04-2013 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭

Should we allow it? I know this has been done before but I would like to revisit the topic at hand. If two people love each other then what they do behind closed doors should be no ones business. Should they be allowed to adopt? I think so too. A child is better off being with 2 men or two women who love each other and their son / daughter rather than with scumbag junkie parents. The main reason people have such gripe is probably religious and cultural brainwashing. Discuss.

tl;dr Should homosexual people be allowed marry? I think so
    Should they be allowed adopt? I think so

Should same sex people be allowed to: 48 votes

No
    4%
    ian87Terry1985 2 votes
    Only marry
    4%
    dsmythypadd b1975 2 votes
    Marry and adopt
    8%
    road_highpaulmclaughlinRasheedAiritech 4 votes
    Marry and foster
    79%
    GraysonPherekydesKilOitrainbow kirby445279.ieTar.AldarionKnasherWurly5uspecto1s1nCatari JaguarBeardySi[Deleted User]Amiranitigger123df1985AsethbreadmondherissonVinLieger 38 votes
    Foster in a civil partnership, but no marriage and adoption
    4%
    KulganBlackpitts 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭tigger123

Marry and foster
    Yes.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Yes and Yes

/thread

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Marry and foster
    Thread needs another of your dysfunctional polls. :pac:

Yes and yes.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Marry and foster
    An unconditional yes for me on the marriage front. Yes to adoption providing they are deemed fit by the relevant agencies.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

Marry and foster
    =providing they are deemed fit by the relevant agencies.

Isn't that the case for heterosexual couples? That goes without saying.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Kidchameleon

In before the inevitable church bashing when in fact its the state that makes this stupid law.

Marry and foster
    Can't see any reason not to support gay marriage. A same sex household is just as capable of being a stable, well adjusted child as a more traditional one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Marry and foster
    Isn't that the case for heterosexual couples? That goes without saying.

If they adopt. Theres no fitness check for those who DIY and have their own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

Marry and foster
    In before the inevitable church bashing when in fact its the state that makes this stupid law.

...but who or what - and a guess will do here - would have been the influence with the thinking behind that law? And who is it that opposes changing it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Terry1985

No
    Anonymous polls would be more accurate

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

"Should same sex couples be allowed to No"? No what? ;)

Marry and foster
    Terry1985 wrote: »
    Anonymous polls would be more accurate

Why? Is your real name Terry1985?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

Marry and adopt
    Going by what AH has taught me if we allow gay people to adopt a child they won't want to get married so they can claim lone parents, get a free house and disposable buggies that can be left behind at bus stops.

If they can give a child a safe caring home with parents in a loving stable relationship then I can't see any issue with marriage or adoption. There are plenty of children who would be much better off in that situation than where they are now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Marry and adopt
    Why are these 60 plus year old men so anti gay marriage? Bunch of freaks...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭OneArt

Thirdfox wrote: »
    "Should same sex couples be allowed to No"? No what? ;)

No to having to eat our vegetables.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,110 ✭✭✭Thirdfox

OneArt wrote: »
    No to having to eat our vegetables.

The last poll option being quite extreme - same sex couples should be allowed to *nothing*... pretty far right/left view there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Marry and foster
    Looking at the Prime Time debate it seems the No to gay marriage camp has resorted to the "Wont somebody please think of the children" argument while failing to mention that there are a lot of heterosexual couples who are unfit parents.

The rest of their arguments just sounded plain selfish. That women who kept saying "stop trying to take my word" in regard to the definition of marriage made me want to strangle her.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Its been done, a lot.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement