Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiny Easter Egg Mugs

Options
  • 02-04-2013 9:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

I've only gotten around to opening my Yorkie easter egg now and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. The box claims to contain 'Milk Chocolate Egg with 2 Yorkie Bars and a Yorkie Mug'. The chocolate is up to scratch but look at the state of the mug.

It's not a mug, it wouldn't hold half a cup of tea.

I got a smarties egg/mug last year and the mug was great but guess what - they didn't sell it this year. Every egg with a mug had the same ****ty mug.
    The mugs used to be great when I was a kid. I'm fed up with this downsizing. First cereal toys went, now this.............

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

I've only gotten around to opening my Yorkie easter egg now and to say I'm disappointed would be an understatement. The box claims to contain 'Milk Chocolate Egg with 2 Yorkie Bars and a Yorkie Mug'. The chocolate is up to scratch but look at the state of the mug.

I got a smarties egg/mug last year and the mug was great but guess what - they didn't sell it this year. Every egg with a mug had the same ****ty mug.
    The mugs used to be great when I was a kid. I'm fed up with this downsizing. First cereal toys went, now this.............

Anything to use as a scale OP?

In fairness that mug could be the size of a barn. Without placing it beside something to use as a scale, we'll never really know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 469 ✭✭666irishguy

The handle is the biggest part of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

No don't have scale picture but trust me its small.

What makes it especially small is the way it narrows down.

I remember when I was young having a Yorkie mug that held 3/4 pint of tea!! Now that was a mug

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

It's not for girls...

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭lachin

Ya but you can't have the egg looking small then!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

SamHall wrote: »

In fairness that mug could be the size of a barn. Without placing it beside something to use as a scale, we'll never really know.

A bic biro is the usual object used for scale comparisons.

But if the biro is also the size of a barn then we're none the wiser.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

I got one of these from my mammy in law and I'm very happy with it :) I drink very concentrated coffee (7 table spoons) and fill the aforementioned cup with water.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

They get smaller every year...

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Tearwave

What if you are a leprechaun, then this new trend would be more beneficial.

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

egg in a cup.JPG

Boo hoo op, this is what I call small !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

Its small so it makes us manly men feel strong like ox as our hands devour it.

It's not for girls.

Yeh OP, lob your willy up beside it there and take a pic, we'll have a much better idea then.

Yeh OP, lob your willy up beside it there and take a pic, we'll have a much better idea then.

He might have a monstrous willy?

Making me feel less manly.

I object.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Mr Cumulonimbus

Smaller alright. Old v new. Erm, the handle is bigger????

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I never got why Easter Eggs came with mugs in the first place...?

I never got why Easter Eggs came with mugs in the first place...?

Egg cup?

Imagine the outrage if they shrank them further...........

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

Egg cup?

I see the link but still don't get it tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭tempura

Your floor needs a sweep. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

In Italy a cup of coffee is like 100 ml of quality. Here it's a bucket of watery piss. Irish people are size queens. The bigger the better regardless of if it's good

• Advertisement

tempura wrote: »
    Your floor needs a sweep. :D

Aye. Cameras in phones are getting too good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 595 ✭✭✭Steve O

One more time Dougal, OK, one last time. This cup is small... but the one out there is far away.

hfallada wrote: »
    In Italy a cup of coffee is like 100 ml of quality. Here it's a bucket of watery piss. Irish people are size queens. The bigger the better regardless of if it's good

Different style of coffee brah.

The espresso is the one that comes in the tiny cup but is the strongest and gets diluted with water over here for a regular coffee called an americano, so bigger and not as full as an Italian.

Murica

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Dust on top of skirting board is distracting me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,256 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

Agreed. I still have the Bosco mug I must have got over 20 years ago, now that's a man-mug.
    I'm pretty sure the lead based paint on it still adds to the flavour all these years later.

Dust on top of skirting board is distracting me

Ethernet cable running along the top of it plus peeling paint? Must admit I took a closer look. Now I'm getting paranoid......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Koptain Liverpool

mloc123 wrote: »
    They get smaller every year...

Exactly. Absolutely scandelous. I'm starting a petition

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

lkionm wrote: »
    He might have a monstrous willy?

Making me feel less manly.

I object.

Or.....

He could have a tiny one, therefore making the cup look like a five gallon drum in comparison.

Poor OP, your life is full of dilemmas.

Get your lad out.......

Or.....

He could have a tiny one, therefore making the cup look like a five gallon drum in comparison.

Poor OP, your life is full of dilemmas.

Get your lad out.......

I'll feel even more emasculated knowing I do not own the largest mug on boards.

Can we lock this thread, it is making me depressed I do not have a 5 gallon drum of a mug

• Advertisement
Advertisement