Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone scam - has anyone else got this?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭

Every few weeks our receptionist passes me through a call from a company called either CBI or CPI I'm not sure which, its something to do with print consumables whereby a very well spoken English man thanks my company for helping them with research and would like to thank me (i'm the IT manager) by sending some products to my home address, so he asks me for my home address. Now I'm not stupid and copped it straight away and challenged him whereby he tried to gain my confidence. Now the same voice rings me every 2 weeks or so and I have a bit of fun with the 2 girls in the office! Today I played along and gave my address as 69 tits lane, hairy arse road, dublin, all this after coughing and saying 'wanker' at the same time. Another time I asked him if he could recommend a good cream for a rash I caught of some young one. I cant believe they still have me on their target list, and they ask specifically for me every time. I think its great fun now wasting their time, playing along to think they have me duped then abusing him! Has anyone else got this and what could they actually do with my name and home address? Identity theft I presume?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

They could send you a fruit basket....careful now!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

Some day its going to be a big 1950s industrialist tycoon. hahah

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Riamfada wrote: »
    Some day its going to be a big 1950s industrialist tycoon. hahah

I dont get what you mean. Sorry I genuinely dont understand that!

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

It's so funny to play along and say silly things to these sort of calls.

Today my brother in law got one from an insurance company. The woman had a very thick foreign accent, and she got his name wrong as well. Anyway, she asked if he would be interested in home insurance. My bro in law said "Home insurance? Sure I'm living in a tent at the moment!" And the woman said "oh.....well would you be interested in maybe insuring the contents?" My brother in law said no, and then finally she asked what about life insurance! And he said "no thanks, my life is good!"

It was so funny, I'm still laughing about it here!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,380 ✭✭✭✭Banjo String

In before the "thinly veiled, I'm an I.T manager thread" insinuation.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,203 ✭✭✭sfwcork

It's so funny to play along and say silly things to these sort of calls.

Today my brother in law got one from an insurance company. The woman had a very thick foreign accent, and she got his name wrong as well. Anyway, she asked if he would be interested in home insurance. My bro in law said "Home insurance? Sure I'm living in a tent at the moment!" And the woman said "oh.....well would you be interested in maybe insuring the contents?" My brother in law said no, and then finally she asked what about life insurance! And he said "no thanks, my life is good!"

It was so funny, I'm still laughing about it here!

Your easily amused.I bet youbfind ed byrne funny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

If they get the name and address, they'll bill you for toner and print supplies without authorisation as far as I know. Heard of this before.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Ziegfeldgirl27

sfwcork wrote: »
    Your easily amused.I bet youbfind ed byrne funny

I don't actually. I hate all "stand up" comedians

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 388 ✭✭Truncheon Rouge

Advertisement