Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to rural town and signing on

Options
  • 02-04-2013 8:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I am moving from north of Ireland to south again and due to cheaper rents, etc. am considering renting in a fairly large rural town rather than moving to Dublin straight away which would have the average amount of jobs available- i.e not many, though nothing like one of the bigger cities. The idea would be to use it as a base for about a month and then move to Dublin. For many reasons I can't go straight to Dublin..

I'm worried that social welfare won't accept my application when it comes to signing on with a fresh claim in this new town. They might ask me why I moved here and I'm wondering if they will accept my explanation. I will be trying for jobs in this new town of course but I don't think I can use the argument that I came here for jobs specifically.

Is this going to be an issue? I haven't done this before so I've no idea. Would really appreciate any advice or info.

Comments

Advertisement