Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assumptions you've made that turned out to be completely wrong

Options
  • 02-04-2013 5:53pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭

I always assumed that when the word "aggrivated" preceded a criminal charge that it meant the person pissed you off so much that you committed the crime. For example, Aggrivated Assault. Turns out it means that a weapon was used.:o

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

I always assumed the words 'three' and 'tree' were pronounced the same. It seems I was wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

becost wrote: »
    I always assumed that when the word "aggrivated" preceded a criminal charge that it meant the person pissed you off so much that you committed the crime. For example, Aggrivated Assault. Turns out it means that a weapon was used.:o

I would be pissed off nonetheless if someone used a weapon to assault me.:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 328 ✭✭becost

Ah, you know what i mean. I thought it was a case that someone was just winding you up to the point that you give them a slap and then your done for aggrivated assault. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Chemical Burn

That this was going to be an interesting thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,407 ✭✭✭lkionm

That I had a big willy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Pilotdude5

H is supposed to be pronounced "Haitch"

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Pilotdude5 wrote: »
    H is supposed to be pronounced "Haitch"

I don't think there's anything wrong with that, haitch is accepted. It's a regional thing really..

Americans say aitch I think..and in the UK too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I always assumed the words 'three' and 'tree' were pronounced the same. It seems I was wrong.

No its the rest of the world thats wrong there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

until i was about 2 hours old i thought politicians were honest hard working people doing the best they could for society

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

Yeah that's not the way it works..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭judgefudge

Aggravated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

Ahh thank God for that. I thought I was going crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,858 ✭✭✭homemadecider

Daveysil15 wrote: »

YOU'RE ONE OF THEM!! :eek:

until i was about 2 hours old i thought politicians were honest hard working people doing the best they could for society

9 replies, 9 ****ing replies until the every-thread reply managed to turn up.

Advertisement