Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cake tin rental?

Options
  • 02-04-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi

Im making a wedding cake in 2 weeks and i dont want to fork out for big cake tins i'll never use again. I've heard of people renting them. Anybody know of anywhere close to Galway?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Midnight Sundance

Hi

Im making a wedding cake in 2 weeks and i dont want to fork out for big cake tins i'll never use again. I've heard of people renting them. Anybody know of anywhere close to Galway?

I think decobake rent them out. I'm not sure but they could have a store in athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Stuff4cakes.ie is based in Galway, the lady running the show is lovely. I'd give her a call, I'd say she'd rent them out to you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭Aineoil

This might be helpful

http://www.kitchencomplements.ie/kc/Main/Category.asp?iCategoryID=201...not rental but good prices

Decobake is based in Clane

www.weddingsonline.ie/suppliers-directory/supplier/5401/cakebox/...based in Dublin

There's a place in Sligo that rents out tins as well but I can't remember the name of the shop. They have an excellent on line shop....the online page doesn't say they rent out tins but they used to in 2010.

Best of luck to you

• Registered Users Posts: 17,324 ✭✭✭✭Cathmandooo

Decobake is in Athlone, Clane and Dublin City centre

• Registered Users Posts: 4 doodlecakes

amazing! thanks a million i'll check them out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

What size/shape do you need?

unfortunately stuff4cakes in galway don't do it, i'll have to to to Athlone i'd say. Im looking for a round shaped 16" i think. Its for the bottom tier and the 3rd tier. (its a 4 tier cake) do the tiers usually go down a size of 4" per tier? so if the bottom tier is 16" then the 3rd tier will be 12"? or am i approaching this all wrong? im not sure if thats big enough the top one would be tiny then.. hmm...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

16 is massive! I done a wedding cake and the tiers were 12" 10" 8" 6".

4" between tiers seems very big.

ya ur right, maybe 14, 12, 10, 8. Its a big wedding. did you put a structure through the middle? im afraid it might dip with the weight or something weird. I've made novelty cakes before but never tiers. nervous..

4th: choc biscuit cake
    3rd: hazelnut cake
    2nd: carrot cake
    1st: marbled brownie

• Registered Users Posts: 7,177 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Did you find somewhere to rent a tin?
    Crisdare in Ennis, Co Clare definitely have tins for rent, also they sometimes sell off their ex-rental tins at a very low price, I got a fabulous 14 inch round professional quality tin, perfect condition, for 10 euro last month! Might be worth giving them a call to see if they have any more ex-rentals.

• Advertisement
Advertisement