Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to watch Heineken Cup games in Hamburg

Options
  • 02-04-2013 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭

I've searched online and can't find anything.

Any info appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,599 Mod ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

Birdster wrote: »
    I've searched online and can't find anything.

Any info appreciated!

A quick search online shows a pub called Finnegans behind the townhall as one that shows some rugby.

Other than that the supporters clubs maintain a listing of venues to watch games. Try emailing them and asking.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭Matt_Trakker

Canal +

edit: sorry, they don't show Heineken cup, only 6 nations.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,262 ✭✭✭✭jester77

I'd say you'll find it hard to find somewhere that will show it. If there is Bundesliga or UK games on around the same time then they will take precedence.
    A quick search online shows a pub called Finnegans behind the townhall as one that shows some rugby.

Other than that the supporters clubs maintain a listing of venues to watch games. Try emailing them and asking.

Finnegans closed down a few months back. The guy that owns it opened a new place, Fleetenkieker, a few doors down. You could call and ask but I wouldn't say your chances would be too high.

I'd say your best bet would be Barley & Malt. It's run by a Kiwi lad that used to work in Finnegans. He's a sound guy and he might put it up on one of the TVs. You could call in or ask on their Facebook page.

There are a few other Irish bars but I would very much doubt they would show it.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭ulster_Beef

Can you access internet in some way?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Birdster

So..Fleetenkieker put the match on as a special request. Definitely football takes precedence over rugby. I was lucky they put it on and there was a stag party from the UK who trotted over to watch it. I feared they would turn it off since I was the only fan there. Fair play!

I was surprised to discover how many Irish bars are closed here on Sundays and Mondays........still I got to see it and if any are planning a wknd in Hamburg that clashes with a rugby match at home, go to this place. They went out of their way to please all their customers.

FYI the Fleetenkieker bar is the basement few doors down from where the old Finnegans wake used to be. Not an irish flag to be seen so look hard! :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement