Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Doctors in Conference *6AM EMBARGO** - Mistake?

Options

Comments

What's with all the tags?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,390 ✭✭✭IM0

What's with all the tags?

what tags :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,797 ✭✭✭✭hatrickpatrick

Someone dun goof'd >_>
    This reminds me a bit of a screenshot from "You had ONE job", which was a pic of a TV news report with a banner at the bottom saying "Interview live with John, for more information go to www.findoutwhatthenameofthewebsiteisandputithere.com"

Cracks me up every time :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

Updated: 06:15, Tuesday, 02 April 2013

well its changed now,

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭GusherING

In the world of media, many press releases have a time embargo written on the top of them. They are an instruction to journalists not to run the story until the embargo expires.

In this case, the press release on the conference was probably given to the media yesterday with an embargo for 6am - i.e it cannot be reported publicly until today's newspapers and on radio/tv from 6am today but gives the journalists time to write their story the day before.

The golden rule in writing press releases is to make it so concise and well written that the journos will not feel the need to edit it and simply copy and paste every sentence into their news article. In this case, RTE even copied the embargo headline so well done to whoever wrote that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement