Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DAoC 2

Options
  • 01-04-2013 11:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭

http://camelotunchained.com/en/

Looks likely! Can't wait especially with Marc Jacobs at helm and without corporates breathing down his neck. Might even donate via kick starter

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

While I'm a fan of kickstarter I don't see it working out to well to fund a permanent online MMO; esp. in today's market place which is much more fractured then when DAoC originally came out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Playboy

I dont think its going to be funded entirely through kickstarter. I would imagine that kickstarter will be used to augment and help secure private funding.

About $850k raised via kickstarter so far in approx 5 days. $2m target and 25 days to go. Really hopes it makes it.

oh btw Marc Jacobs is putting $2m cash behind the project and they have $1m raised privately. They are hoping to raise another $5m privately if they make the $2m target on kickstarter

So the game comfortably made its £2m target via kickstarter (exceeding it by £0.25m). Have a target day of 2015 for go live. Really looking forward to this. An updated, focused and modernised version DAoC will be awesome. Lots of concept videos on the website and some really great ideas from the team.

• Advertisement
Advertisement