Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am famous - I WISH:-)

Options
  • 01-04-2013 7:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this has been posted already. But anytime I have any kind of problem, I always seem to get a response on Boards, that old reliable!

My PC is a Dell. I use Eircom for my SP. I have Microsoft Security Essentials as my AV protector, and also have Malware.

In the past 36 hours or so, I have been getting a HEAP of junk emails from Jennifer Aniston, Ellen DeGeneris, Anna Hathaway, Salma Hayak, Pamela Anderson to name but a few. My AV is sending them sdtraight to junk, but now it's getting to such a degree that since 14h22 today, I now have 52 emails in my junk folder ( as I type it's 19h43 ). Let's be clear here, I have no connection with either of the women I mention above...sadly:-))

Aside from overloading my junk folder, is there anything I can do? Any help gladly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Sundance_Kid

Hi,

My parents are also having the same issue. They are with eircom and their outloox express inbox is getting tons of junk emails from some of the people you mentioned above.

Is it some issue with Eircom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Le_Dieux

Hi,

My parents are also having the same issue. They are with eircom and their outloox express inbox is getting tons of junk emails from some of the people you mentioned above.

Is it some issue with Eircom?

I wish I had an answer SK.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

I'm having the same issue (with Vodafone for home broadband), my main personal email is suddenly being bombarded with this sh!t, not sure what has caused it.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,432 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Le_Dieux wrote: »
    Aside from overloading my junk folder, is there anything I can do? Any help gladly appreciated.
    Ignore them.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

This appears to have stopped since last night/this morning for me. Anyone else still getting them?

• Advertisement
Advertisement