Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home made Jet engine for UAV

Options
  • 01-04-2013 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Has anyone ever made a mini-jet engine? I've read a few articles online and am thinking it would e a great project. Anyone have any experience of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 440 ✭✭eurofoxy

i am sure you could make one, but why re-invent the wheel, there are loads of rc jet engines out there, ranging from the fairly simple to the rather more complicated.. i think even hobbyking are about to release a jet engine...

Now saying that, the actual talent you need to control the thing is something different, the are extremely quick and agile and it takes a very talented person to fly them..

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 3,455 Mod ✭✭✭✭coolwings

If you are a skilled machinist, it's an interesting project.
    If you aren't ... check the rpms involved, you could look into pulse jets instead.

Advertisement