Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

antivirus search causes crash

Options
  • 01-04-2013 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭

Hi
    Please help. I think I have a virus. My Firefox and ie crash and close all tabs when I search antivirus in Google.Even when I try to access the virus section in boards it crashes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭Verres

It's more likely that some sort of config error or rendering error within the browsers themselves are causing the crash, rather than a search-aware virus crashing your browser.

Go to firefox website and download the latest installer. Then uninstall firefox completely. Run ccleaner to clean out any old registry settings and temp files.

Reinstall firefox and see if the problem persists.

Obviously, you should also have an up to date anti-virus program installed (I use "Avast home") but there are loads.

Advertisement