Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung 32" Smart TV UE32ES6300U €545 DID Electrical Bandon

Options
  • 01-04-2013 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭

I got the Samsung 32" smart TV UE32ES6300U for €545 in DID Bandon. This is an excellent TV if you are looking for a 32" with everything combined. Just google it. A newer model is available but I believe it does not have a DVB-S tuner.
    It does not appear to be online so possibly in store only. This matches well to the Amazon UK average price.
    The only down side is the active 3D but I won't use that anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭coldfire1x

Is there any scart connection in this tv or just HDMI ports?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

coldfire1x wrote: »

I am not at home now so I'm not too sure, but a simple scart to component cable do the trick if it doesn't.

An extra bonus of smart Samsungs that I have since discovered are the UK on demands services, bbc iplayer etc. You don't get RTE player doing this but ...

coldfire1x wrote: »

One scart according to the spec sheet
    bromley52 wrote: »
    I am not at home now so I'm not too sure, but a simple scart to component cable do the trick if it doesn't.

An extra bonus of smart Samsungs that I have since discovered are the UK on demands services, bbc iplayer etc. You don't get RTE player doing this but ...

There is an Rte player app for samsung smart tv's, it even installed automatically on ours during setup.

That price is comparable with online prices but I don't think the 32inch tv's are particularly good value to be honest. We got this one http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11906973/art/samsung/ue40es6100-led-3d-smart-t.html before christmas. It was good value then and its even better now at 625 including delivery, for an extra 80 euro its well worth it for the bigger screen imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

UK On demand apps are still Geo-blocked just like on the internet so will not work in the ROI.

RTE player works fine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,549 ✭✭✭dubrov

One scart according to the spec sheet
    We got this one http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/11906973/art/samsung/ue40es6100-led-3d-smart-t.html before christmas. It was good value then and its even better now at 625 including delivery, for an extra 80 euro its well worth it for the bigger screen imo.

That model does not have a satellite tuner. Only 6300 upwards has one.

THe 6300 is a good TV for someone who wants Freesat and saorview without the need for an extra tuner box.
    The downside is that you cannot get Saorview and Freesat on the same EPG. You have to switch between modes and it can be a bit awkward (3/4 button presses I think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

dubrov wrote: »
    UK On demand apps are still Geo-blocked just like on the internet so will not work in the ROI.

RTE player works fine though.

4oD and 5Player work fine. BBCi blocked. I'm not sure about ITV Player.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭Beanstalk

I got this tv srt to freesat. I have the rte player app, but how do you get 4od and 5player?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭bromley52

Beanstalk wrote: »
    I got this tv srt to freesat. I have the rte player app, but how do you get 4od and 5player?

1) You need to change the country the smart hub looks at. NB. By doing this you will not have RTE player. Google is your friend here.

2) You will need a DNS that will allow use of BBC iplayer if required. A quick search will sort this out and for a year it will cost about €35-€40.
    Once you have it enter that DNS into the settings of your WiFi or Router if you can.
    Most will also give the option of choosing which Netflix you want to view.

dubrov wrote: »
    That model does not have a satellite tuner. Only 6300 upwards has one.

THe 6300 is a good TV for someone who wants Freesat and saorview without the need for an extra tuner box.
    The downside is that you cannot get Saorview and Freesat on the same EPG. You have to switch between modes and it can be a bit awkward (3/4 button presses I think)

A build in sat receiver is hardly a big feature though, most people have a sky sub nowadays anyway, we don't use saorview at all for instance its all through sky.

If the freeview and saorview was on the same epg then it may have some merit but without it it offers no advantage over a normal setup with a set to box for freesat and the built in saorview. All the important specs are identical between the tv I linked and the 6300 models so you would be better with the bigger screen older model and buy a saorview freesat combi box if you are a freesat and saorview user, imo of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

I got the Samsung 32" smart TV UE32ES6300U for €545 in DID Bandon. This is an excellent TV if you are looking for a 32" with everything combined. Just google it. A newer model is available but I believe it does not have a DVB-S tuner.
    It does not appear to be online so possibly in store only. This matches well to the Amazon UK average price.
    The only down side is the active 3D but I won't use that anyway.

I bought the 40 inch version for €579 in DID in Galway last November

• Advertisement
Advertisement