Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I bring a friend while I give blood

Options
  • 01-04-2013 10:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭

I am gonna go and give blood in the next couple of days, I thought for years that I wouldn't be allowed because I had jaundice as baby. It takes a while from what I've found out so I was just wondering if I could bring a friend to keep me company.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭movingsucks

Where are you giving? Is it in a hotel?
    Normally they just put out a load of chairs so you wouldn't have a problem bringing a friend with you while you wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Absolutely you can! They're the most accomodating people I've ever met in the blood bank!

But.... I think there's still a bar on people who had jaundice donating... I could be wrong though - if you've checked it out then fair enough, but I'd be making a phone call first before travelling if you haven't.

Good on ya though for wanting to do it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭IMightKnow

There's no ban on people who had jaundice as a baby.

And yes you most certainly can bring a friend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Thanks everyone, it's like a community centre place so I didn't think there would be an issue but just wanted to check.

Advertisement