Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BTEA during summer period?

Options
  • 01-04-2013 7:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have a 4-5 month work placement starting soon. It is a full time position and I'll be getting around €325 a week for it. I received a form from the social welfare that says I can apply for jobseekers allowance over the summer period or I can keep receiving the btea allowance if I am undertaking a work placement that is an integral part of my course. It makes no mention of payment for the work placement, it simply says that if I should provide a letter saying it is an integral part of my course and I will receive btea over the summer period.

So what's the story here, this work placement is integral to my course but am I entitled to btea allowance even though I will be getting paid?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭DJW11

Did you find any info on this btea_student? Im in the reverse situation, I have an exemption from my placement but im staying on campus to catch up on math and other subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Helpneeded86

I have a 4-5 month work placement starting soon. It is a full time position and I'll be getting around €325 a week for it. I received a form from the social welfare that says I can apply for jobseekers allowance over the summer period or I can keep receiving the btea allowance if I am undertaking a work placement that is an integral part of my course. It makes no mention of payment for the work placement, it simply says that if I should provide a letter saying it is an integral part of my course and I will receive btea over the summer period.

So what's the story here, this work placement is integral to my course but am I entitled to btea allowance even though I will be getting paid?

I enquired in the office around November. The lady seemed to be 100% happy that I would be payed BTEA during the summer.

It is a slight strange thing to be getting €325 and on top of that be allowed €188 but it is allowed so im not going to turn it down.

Advertisement