Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meat Swindle

Options
  • 30-03-2013 11:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭

Queueing at tesco kiosk for the lotto this evening I noticed the woman ahead of me wearing a tesco uniform put five "REDUCED" packages of meat on the counter.
    Herself and her colleague who was serving her were whispering to each other and trying to block anyone seeing the transaction which aroused my suspicion.On closer inspection I noticed the five packages contained fairly expensive looking fillet steaks.
    The kiosk lady scanned the packages of meat and all five came up on the till as "Chicken €1.50"

Made me wonder how much of this sh1t goes on.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Dont tell me dont know about the recession corner? Stuff gets marked down every night, why shouldnt staff avail of it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 158 ✭✭Airitech

Queueing at tesco kiosk for the lotto this evening I noticed the woman ahead of me wearing a tesco uniform put five "REDUCED" packages of meat on the counter.
    Herself and her colleague who was serving her were whispering to each other and trying to block anyone seeing the transaction which aroused my suspicion.On closer inspection I noticed the five packages contained fairly expensive looking fillet steaks.
    The kiosk lady scanned the packages of meat and all five came up on the till as "Chicken €1.50"

Jokes on them, it was probably horse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

You should have cornered them and extorted them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Employee takes advantage of employment situation shocker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Tesco always reduce stock that is going out of date at the end of the day, so if you go in the evening you can get stuff very cheaply. Al of the stock is kept track of electronically so that they know which products are to be discounted and put them into the section of the fridge that is kept aside for it, which means the system is also keeping track of how many discounts are being made and the staff would be caught pretty quickly if they were abusing it. It's not a swindle, it's the place getting paid even a little bit of the regular price for it and the staff being aware of how the system works.

This is a pretty pointless thing to be outraged by, it's like giving out that somebody who works in an office gets their office supplies cheap by getting them bought by the company and paying for them at cost.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,273 ✭✭✭racso1975

On closer inspection????! WTF inspector poirot. mind your own business

• Registered Users Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Its better than our local supervalu. They throw out the food rather than mark it down. Its a disgrace.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,340 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

Perk of the job, and considering the wage I'm not sure I blame them. Apparently some jobs get you off speeding tickets, but that's just rumour.

Edit: Just realised steak was being passed off as chicken, that could be considered stealing from work unless that's how they marked it down in the system.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

racso1975 wrote: »
    On closer inspection????! WTF inspector poirot. mind your own business

:D:D I need glasses..I thought that said "WTF inspector pirate." PIRATE! Hahahaha *goes back to her cider*

• Registered Users Posts: 399 ✭✭Bob_Latchford

On closer inspection I noticed the five packages contained fairly expensive looking fillet steaks.

Good work, we need more undercover agents like this, telling the truth with no fear to their own safety

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,458 ✭✭✭senorwipesalot

You should have cornered them and extorted them.

Steak and blowjob?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,968 ✭✭✭✭Praetorian Saighdiuir

Steak and blowjob?

Well, that will be €2.50 then.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

Not only that, but she was also concealing a hanging rasher between her thighs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 221 ✭✭Mr. Wong

OP, get a fucking life!

banned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭Dwork

A lot. I stood at the checkout the other day while a worker did her shopping. She had loads of clothing as well as her groceries and the fecking about to get it all scanned as other stuff was a joke. She ended up paying €30 for about €200 worth of shopping. Tesco must be getting ridden sideways by their workers. Then again, the amount of schidte the people who work for me pull, thinking I fell down yesterday with the snow, it doesn't really surprise me. But it does p1ss me off. If you don't like the wages, quit. Go get the job you were born to do. Don't rob the hand that feeds.

Advertisement