Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bog Oak

Options
  • 30-03-2013 10:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Would a sawmill consider milling bog oak? I know how hard this stuff can be but I know where there is a 3 1/2' diameter log of bog oak, possibly 20' long that I'd love to get milled.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 44 faithful chippie

did you ever look into those alaskan mill yokes? the chainsaw holder thing, using a ladder as a rail to run it off or something. Might do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

did you ever look into those alaskan mill yokes? the chainsaw holder thing, using a ladder as a rail to run it off or something. Might do it?

;) Pretty hard on the back and it cuts a chainsaw kerf - about 1/4 inch.
    I'm looking to get a mobile miller to come to me or have the facilities to lift some tree trunks to take to their mill.
    I'd also appreciate any help.
    cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

recipio wrote: »
    ;) Pretty hard on the back and it cuts a chainsaw kerf - about 1/4 inch.
    I'm looking to get a mobile miller to come to me or have the facilities to lift some tree trunks to take to their mill.
    I'd also appreciate any help.
    cheers.
    I will come and help when you are doing it.

Advertisement