Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

water pump problems

Options
  • 30-03-2013 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I have two year old pump in my apartment, lately it is not switching off when I turn on a kitchen or toilet tap or flush toilet noise is getting annoying. at present I have to go and turn a tap on in toilet or kitchen to get it to stop,any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,766 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to Dublin City. Moved.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

You may have what's called a 'negative head' pump. These have a pressure vessel like a small tin can on them. This is pressurised with air and if loses pressure it can cause the pump to stay on.

Look for a can with a valve cap like you'd find on a tyre. Check the pressure with a car tyre pressure gauge. It should be around 0.7 - 1 Bar. If the pressure isn't correct, pump it up with a foot pump or bicycle pump & see if that solves the problem.

If you don't have a can on the pump it's probably a positive head type. If so you've either got a sticking flow switch or a faulty circuit board.

Advertisement