Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inside a workhorse.

Options
  • 30-03-2013 12:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭

I can't seem to find any pictures or film of the engine room or crew quarters or even the wheel house of a 141m x 22m cargo vessel? Does anyone have a link I could investigate? I'm doing my homework and I need some up to date pics as I'm rusty as hell.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Those are incredibly specific dimensions, do you have a particular ship in mind?

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

I am currently on an Anchor Handler 80m X 18m, 13000kW. I can get you pictures or short clips (phone camera) but I wont be able to mail them until I'm home circa end of April, if that will help.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Tabnabs wrote: »
    Those are incredibly specific dimensions, do you have a particular ship in mind?
    I should have said 'similar to say a 141m x 22m' what I actually meant was not the enormous ships that it is relatively easy to find footage of on the interwebz...
    I am currently on an Anchor Handler 80m X 18m, 13000kW. I can get you pictures or short clips (phone camera) but I wont be able to mail them until I'm home circa end of April, if that will help.
    That would be perfect, if you could manage it, thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭sailordog13

Just give me a list of areas and items and I'll see what I can do. Nuclear reactor is off limits though :P

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

I would really like to get an idea of the sizes/scales of the common rooms, corridors, gangways and of the room in the cabins themselves. Design, layout, space usage, artificial/natural lighting, etc., I would like to be able to contrast that to the engine bay layout.

It would want to be some special cargo to warrant a fusion reactor to power the vessel, but as they say, whatever floats your boat.......:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement