Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best insurance company for Great Dane

Options
  • 29-03-2013 10:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭

Hi Forum! :D

What is the best insurance company out there today?:confused: I'm thinking of buying a great dane and have been doing research for a while now and now I'm at the stage of looking for the best insurance out there!

My dog will be a pure bred and will be a puppy if that makes any difference!

Thank You! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,324 ✭✭✭JustAThought

Hi Forum! :D

What is the best insurance company out there today?:confused: I'm thinking of buying a great dane and have been doing research for a while now and now I'm at the stage of looking for the best insurance out there!

My dog will be a pure bred and will be a puppy if that makes any difference!

Thank You! :)[/quote

Congratulations ; great Danes are beautiful dogs !!! Love them!!! Lodes of advice here if you do a search in this forum on pet insurance- DO NOT go without it!!! I ways recommend Allianz. They pay upfront & are easy to deal with; no refusing to re-insure at the end of the year like other companies do, reliable & my vet deals with them directly for me.

Don't make the mistake I did & hang around waiting to decide - once your pet has had an incident /treatment it will NEVER be covered by any insurance company - nor the body part involved : (. A lifetime is a long& expensive time!!!

Many breeders recommend & give the form for 6 weeks free Allianz pet insurance -or just ring up & get it. Whatever you do, make sure you get pet insurance!! Even if your dog isn't that active accidents happen & vets bills are expensive. If I had a tenner for the times my dog has stood on glass & needed treatment, or been out running beside me & torn something, or chopped off a toe on a sharp stone : (

Thank God for insurance!!! Hers is better than mine - and clearer & more reliable!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Music4Life085

I ways recommend Allianz.

I think I read some where on the forum that Allianz increases the premium to ridiculous amounts if you have to claim on just say vet bills! Is it true?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think I read some where on the forum that Allianz increases the premium to ridiculous amounts if you have to claim on just say vet bills! Is it true?

No it's not true - well not for us anyways!! Ours has gone up by about €30 each year and we've claimed over €5k because he had to get 2 operations. When we had to make claims all we had to do was sign the claim form and the vet did the rest - that was with Allianz. The last thing you want to do when you're worried sick is worry about paper work.
    Maybe check which insurance company your local/preferred vet recommends - normally they'll give you a voucher for so many months free or a discount! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Knine

Huge claims on Petinsure.ie and no increase in premiums at all. So shop around. I prefer Petinsure.ie over Allianz.

Advertisement