Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas Boiler Problem

Options
  • 29-03-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

my gas heating has gone on the blink, rad's downstairs have no heat in them, but rads upstairs have heat, have bleed them to see if air but they where ok, it runs for about 10 minutes and knocks off, then comes back on a few minutes later and repeats this over & over. Have switched the motorised valve to manual to see if made any diffrence, the bolier was making some banging noise earlier but is queit know.

Bolier is a Potterton Suprima with a Myson pump.

Just wodering if any one has any ideas as with long w/e, probley be Tues before i can get someone out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

lanno wrote: »
    my gas heating has gone on the blink, rad's downstairs have no heat in them, but rads upstairs have heat, have bleed them to see if air but they where ok, it runs for about 10 minutes and knocks off, then comes back on a few minutes later and repeats this over & over. Have switched the motorised valve to manual to see if made any diffrence, the bolier was making some banging noise earlier but is queit know.

Bolier is a Potterton Suprima with a Myson pump.

Just wodering if any one has any ideas as with long w/e, probley be Tues before i can get someone out.

Is your pump working

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

+1

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭lanno

not too sure if pump is working, what's a good way to test?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

lanno wrote: »
    not too sure if pump is working, what's a good way to test?

Open up the bleed screw on the face of the pump and see if the spindle is rotating.

Advertisement