Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic HWS

Options
  • 29-03-2013 10:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭

Hi all
    Just a few questions to get a better understanding of the hot water system in my house.

I have a boiler downstairs with a pump and time clock.

I also have a water storage tank in the attic and a chlorifier(hot water tank) in hot press along with heat exchanger, two adjustable thermostats, an actuator and a immersion on top of tank which ive just realised is disconnected.

So im assuming my boiler is providing hot water to my radiator circuit, my chlorifier and my services( kitchen , washing machine, taps etc...)

Could some explain how this system works if I was to connect my immersion back up would I be assuming right that one of the adjustable thermostats controls the element via the temperature of the water in the tank?

I just really want to get my ahead around this system would appreciate it if someone with the knowledge could explain.I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

byrner51 wrote: »
    Hi all
    Just a few questions to get a better understanding of the hot water system in my house.

I have a boiler downstairs with a pump and time clock.

I also have a water storage tank in the attic and a chlorifier(hot water tank) in hot press along with heat exchanger, two adjustable thermostats, an actuator and a immersion on top of tank which ive just realised is disconnected.

So im assuming my boiler is providing hot water to my radiator circuit, my chlorifier and my services( kitchen , washing machine, taps etc...)

Could some explain how this system works if I was to connect my immersion back up would I be assuming right that one of the adjustable thermostats controls the element via the temperature of the water in the tank?

I just really want to get my ahead around this system would appreciate it if someone with the knowledge could explain.I can provide pictures if needed.

Thanks in advance
    Your immersion has its own thermostat built into itself , it does not use an external stat , have you got a stove or an aga

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭byrner51

Thanks for that sullzz
    Ive a gas fired boiler is that what you mean?

Advertisement