Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Picking winning lotto numbers

Options
  • 29-03-2013 8:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭

Would be interested in what you think on this, myself and the girlfriend were chatting about this earlier.

Lets imagine that I buy a lotto ticket and I get my girlfriend to pick one line of numbers but I pay for the ticket.

If that line of numbers came up and won €130 million would she have a claim to some of the money because she picked the numbers or would it be all mine because I paid for the ticket ?

I reckon that since it was my money that bought the ticket she would have no claim. She of course thinks otherwise. What would the potential legal situation be.

I am really expecting to win €130 million tonight so would need to know by Tuesday when the banks open back up. :P

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭Gongoozler

Legally it'd be whoever paid for the ticket.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Whoever presents the winning ticket gets the money, fight it out between yourselves after that. Sign the ticket when you purchase it to prevent arguments.

If you won such a large amount you could afford to be nice and share.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Wire 50million into my bank account in Panama and we can make her disappear OP ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,161 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Whoever presents the winning ticket gets the money, fight it out between yourselves after that. Sign the ticket when you purchase it to prevent arguments.

If you won such a large amount you could afford to be nice and share.

He could give me 100k for a start and wouldn't even notice it's missing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Who ever signs the back of it first, Have your pen ready op.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Strituck wrote: »
    Would be interested in what you think on this, myself and the girlfriend were chatting about this earlier.

She'll be looking for a ring and a wedding date pretty soon after your win ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭Duvetdays

Your girlfriend thinks she's entitled to a share of you're imaginary lotto winnings because she picked a few numbers, I can just imagine what she'd be like if you really did win :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

mikemac1 wrote: »
    She'll be looking for a ring and a wedding date pretty soon after your win ;)

Feckin looking already. If I win ill be straight down to Argos to get her a ring, and my new suit for Guineys. Living the good life indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

Lets imagine that I buy a lotto ticket and I get my girlfriend to pick one line of numbers but I pay for the ticket.

If that line of numbers came up and won €130 million would she have a claim to some of the money because she picked the numbers or would it be all mine because I paid for the ticket ?

I reckon that since it was my money that bought the ticket she would have no claim. She of course thinks otherwise. What would the potential legal situation be.

I am really expecting to win €130 million tonight so would need to know by Tuesday when the banks open back up. :P

Pics or GTFO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Do the winning Lotto numbers, at 9pm after the draw has been made.

Go to pub, show it to everyone, see the reactions

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭Catphish

Heres a mad idea.. would you not give her half anyway? It would be a decent thing to do seeing as the numbers were hers. Think about it, €130,000000. What would you even do with all of that on your own? Flip the situation over and I'm sure you'd be feeling very sore if she kept it all for herself.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Would you not give her some of the money anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

You are not going to win, but there is a good chance the girlfriend has done a fly buy and it might come up, I would be betting you also do the lotto on your own and do not tell her about it (it is your get out clause),

there seems to be no trust in your relationship, do you visit red light houses at the weekend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Grayson wrote: »
    He could give me 100k for a start and wouldn't even notice it's missing.
    You could give me 50k, I'd definitely notice it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Give her a nice going away shag then head for the airport like a proper gent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

who ever goes into shop to buy it

It's interesting to see what money would do to Irish couples.. and by interesting I mean disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,884 ✭✭✭Tzardine

Ah if I did win €130 million she would definitely be looked after. I would make sure she would only have to work part time from now on. :D

Catphish wrote: »
    It's interesting to see what money would do to Irish couples.. and by interesting I mean disgusting.

So why not say, it is disgusting to see what money and so on and so forth.

So why not say, it is disgusting to see what money and so on and so forth.
    Nah, too boring.

• Advertisement

Nah, too boring.

Sorry I did not realize you were trying to spice it up, my bad.

Sorry I did not realize you were trying to spice it up, my bad.
    No bother sure. Theres another thanks for you ^

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Have you ever tried to shove a 100 euro note up your arse?

No bother sure. Theres another thanks for you ^

I smelled you 15 miles down wind.

Advertisement