Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wireless thermostat

Options
  • 29-03-2013 6:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭

I have a Baxi Boiler Megaflow HE IE If i were to put a wireless thermostat near it how much would it cost to
    A Buy it
    B Have it fitted

Maybe something like this but cheaper

this? be ok

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

LoveCoke wrote: »
    I have a Baxi Boiler Megaflow HE IE If i were to put a wireless thermostat near it how much would it cost to
    A Buy it
    B Have it fitted

Maybe something like this but cheaper

this? be ok

The 2nd one you posted is not wireless
    The first one is not programmable , if your looking for a cheap one , mabey try this ,
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html/?_nkw=Salus rf

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭LoveCoke

sullzz wrote: »
    The 2nd one you posted is not wireless
    The first one is not programmable , if your looking for a cheap one , mabey try this ,
    http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html/?_nkw=Salus%20rf
    That is true but it is cheap. i want one that will turn the boiler on and off and keep a steady temp. Say i decide i want the room to be 20 degrees. i want it to turn the boiler on and off to kep it at 20. is that what you mean by programmable?

And not ebay

• Registered Users Posts: 2,409 ✭✭✭sullzz

LoveCoke wrote: »
    That is true but it is cheap. i want one that will turn the boiler on and off and keep a steady temp. Say i decide i want the room to be 20 degrees. i want it to turn the boiler on and off to kep it at 20. is that what you mean by programmable?

And not ebay

Sorry its just you said " wireless stat "
    A programmable stat acts as a timeclock and stat in one , you could have the boiler coming on at different times at a preset temp .
    Whats wrong with ebay ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭Dtp79

sullzz wrote: »
    Sorry its just you said " wireless stat "
    A programmable stat acts as a timeclock and stat in one , you could have the boiler coming on at different times at a preset temp .
    Whats wrong with ebay ?

some great bargains on eBay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

If you are going with wireless, make sure the stat frequency is 868Hz. This is a pulse frequency and will have no interference from other wireless equipment in your home. The cheaper wireless stats operate on 434Hz and will have your heart broke with connection problems.
    My choice of wireless stat is the Horstmann HRT4-ZW.

• Advertisement
Advertisement