Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ÀCCA - Exam Centre - Dublin or Dundalk??

Options
  • 29-03-2013 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

I'm going to be sitting F9 in June, haven't yet submitted my exam centre choice on line.

I live in Dublin so have alway's sat exam's in Dublin (RDS/Croker Park)

However I'm considering registering for Dundalk as I hear it's a much smaller room and thus quieter and easier to concentrate etc..

So can anyone recommend the Dundalk exam centre for sitting ACCA?

Thanks in advance:o

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,287 ✭✭✭SBWife

Why would you want to add the stress of commuting to Dundalk on the morning of the exam to what will already be a pretty stressful situation?

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭newportlad

Yes, that's true but I know of a b and b nearby so would be going up the day before. Just hoping to find out what he actual exam centre itself is like..

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

Dundalk is closer to me but I go to Dublin!

I work in Dublin and have a bus ticket so travel is free. I also really like Croke park as a venue. Had used rds in the past and the cold really put me off

Was surprised Croke park was lovely and warm. I never found it distracting at all and wouldn't switch to Dundalk.

If I'm honest I'm only interested in my paper so I block the surroundings out

So has anyone sat an acca exam in Dundalk?

• Registered Users Posts: 922 ✭✭✭thefa

I've sat 4 ACCA exams in the Fairways in Dundalk but I'm halfway between the Dundalk and Dublin. Hotel Even rooms which would seat about 60 students I would estimate.

Don't find exam halls distracting though so I think the hassle of that extras travel time wouldn't be worth it. The worst part would be the traffic out of Dublin and it's motorway for all but the about the last 5 mins from the Dundalk South exit to the Fairways.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭VONSHIRACH

I did all my ACCA exams in the RDS. I understand why you would want to pick a smaller quieter venue. I used to hate travelling to the RDS on exam mornings and I live in Dublin. For my last 6 exams I just stayed in a very good guesthouse across from the RDS, eliminating a great deal of stress. I just used those yellow earplugs during the exams and cut out all the noise. You would benefit from any advantage to you from picking Dundalk for your exams. Everything helps to get you those exam passes.

Thank you all for your posts, much appreciated. I didn't realise the exams were in a hotel in dundalk, that swings it for me I think, I can hop the train the day before and stay in the hotel, 39 quid aint too bad considering ill have a quiet room for the evening to study in and a short stroll to the exam room the next morning. I've failed this subject before so hopefully this change will pay off

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

I have sat the last number of my exams in Dundalk and I think it is much nicer than Dublin (then again it was the RDS I sat mine in) and the commute is much easier to Dundalk for me! Its a small room with as someone said maybe 60-100 students in it. Its much quietier and its also much more relaxed! I know I personally prefer it.

Robin132 wrote: »
    I have sat the last number of my exams in Dundalk and I think it is much nicer than Dublin (then again it was the RDS I sat mine in) and the commute is much easier to Dundalk for me! Its a small room with as someone said maybe 60-100 students in it. Its much quietier and its also much more relaxed! I know I personally prefer it.

Was it in the fairways hotel Ye? Cheers for that info, glad to hear more positives then negatives for dundalk. Somewhere quiet is what I want above all so all sounds good :)

Advertisement