Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sure Pump 55/130

Options
  • 29-03-2013 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭

Hi, I have a sure pump 55/130 connected to a baxi solo boiler on my central heating system. Its an open vented system I'm told. Its a std 3 bed semi d with 4 rads downstairs and 3 large and 2 small upstairs.

For the last few weeks there has been a really bad high pitched noise that you can hear all over the house. Sounds like this person has the same issue as me:

http://www.diynot.com/forums/plumbing/noisy-central-heating.312731/

Anyway I changed the pump speed today which seems to have sorted the issue. The way the pump is positioned i cannot see if I am at the highest 3 or lowest 1 on the switch. 2 of the 3 speeds are noisy.

If I am at the lowest is there any risk with this and if I need to replace the pump can anyone recommend a good quality replacement ? There's a chance i could be at top speed too but its impossible to tell at the moment. I might be able to get a small mirror under it to see

If you need any more info off me let me know

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭Billy Bunting

If its on low speed but still heating the rads thougherly then fine, if you have it on max then thats fine but i would check the vent pipe in the loft and make sure its not pumping over, if it is then thats a problem.

Grunfoss pumps are top of my list.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Feeder

Thanks Billy,

Can you explain about the vent pipe in the loft and it pumping over. I have no idea where this is and what pumping over is.

I will check the rads upstairs later after they are on for a while and see if they are heating fully.

*edit The rads upstairs are working fine and each one is at a good temp

Advertisement