Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Certificate

Options
  • 29-03-2013 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hello everyone, i am wondering if it is possible. I want to study abroad, I am from Poland so decided that England will be the best solution. I know that language certificate is vital, min. 5.5 from IELTS. My cousin had preparation course in Oxford Language School for 4 weeks. I decided to go there too after my matura exam (May-June), the same period like him. The only problem is that i do not want to burden my parents with expenses. The whole course with accomodation costs 1,300 pounds (2 months my father's work). I do not know if i am able to manage this course with satisfactory result. I am sure that they will give me their backing but irrespective of it it is hard for me. What guys do you think about that, i am confused. It is my dream, worth it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,811 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

There is an Education forum with a Studying Abroad sub forum on Boards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I suggest you ask some UK citizens what they think about the UK. We are Irish.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

I suggest you ask some UK citizens what they think about the UK. We are Irish.

Or maybe like the thousands of us Irish people who have lived in the UK as a foreigner so would have a great insight into exactly what it is like....

It's okay, he's not trying to steal your shamrocks.

-Funk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭fullgas

Your english seems fine to me. Talk to an english person on skype who wants to learn Polish. Common learning.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Stop smoking marijuana and you'll have the money saved in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

@up, ehehhehe XD you made my day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

funk-you wrote: »
    It's okay, he's not trying to steal your shamrocks.

Thank god. But I was suggesting that the OP ask on a website that has a majority UK membership. Would you ask a random group of French people to give you an opinion on the Belgian education system?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 jeziorski

@Mr Benevolent, I think that it was a question not to only UK citizens. I am sure that some of forum's members had a similar situation like me.

@edit, anyone want to learn polish?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭funk-you

Thank god. But I was suggesting that the OP ask on a website that has a majority UK membership. Would you ask a random group of French people to give you an opinion on the Belgian education system?

If I was a member of the forum for over 6 months and thought it a good source of general information (Hmm, wonder are there any forums in existence like that. It sounds a familiar concept...) then yes, have to say; I probably would.

-Funk

Advertisement