Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walking Dead Survival Instinct

Options
  • 28-03-2013 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭

Has anyone played this yet ?? If ya haven't stay far away I got it yesterday and i already want to take it back i wonder what would it's trade in value be ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Is this the first person shooter? I saw a gameplay video a while ago, looks absolutely awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I'd get rid of it while you can still get a decent bit of money back for it. I expect a lot of copies of that game will be getting traded in and they wont be too quick in being bought again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check reviews first!

Has Aliens: Colonial Marines taught us nothing?!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

Taylor365 wrote: »
    ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS check reviews first!

Has Aliens: Colonial Marines taught us nothing?!

Colonial marines looks like masterpiece with golden balls and whistles compared to this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I usually do always check reviews 1st, But the one time i don't bother, relying too much on it being half as good as travellers tales Walking dead played into the factor for me i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Colonial marines looks like masterpiece with golden balls and whistles compared to this game.

At least there's known reasons why ACM sucked. This seems like it was just designed to be a clusterf*ck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Played it earlier, not as bad as I expected. I'm playing on PC, and visually, it's far better than I expected given all the complaining about it, though that could be more pronounced on consoles. By no means a great game but seems passable enough so far after putting 45 minutes into it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭danthefan

Penn wrote: »
    At least there's known reasons why ACM sucked. This seems like it was just designed to be a clusterf*ck

Was designed to be a cashgrab based on the name I reckon.

Had some time to kill and noticed that this was on my girlfriends PC so decided to give it a go. Put an hour or so into it and honestly it's nowhere near as bad as I expected. It's by no means a great game but its far from the travesty reviews made it out to be. Visually it looks good and the gameplay has a number of interesting ideas in play. It's one if those titles that with a bit more development could really have been something a little special.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Indeed. I find gamers are far too critical and harsh. That's not to say we should ignore poor game design and say nothing but I have heard people really go to town on a game I thought was pretty good plenty of times.

Still haven't tried this one myself but I watched some videos when it was released and it didn't look as bad as people claimed. The walker AI seemed to be the biggest issue.

• Advertisement

Kirby wrote: »
    Indeed. I find gamers are far too critical and harsh. That's not to say we should ignore poor game design and say nothing but I have heard people really go to town on a game I thought was pretty good plenty of times.

Still haven't tried this one myself but I watched some videos when it was released and it didn't look as bad as people claimed. The walker AI seemed to be the biggest issue.

I think that a lot of gamers expect too much at times. They seem to think that the only games worth playing are the ones that score 9 or 10 out of 10 and many won't try something that's getting average scores. From the feedback on WD:SI I was expecting a truly horrendous and unplayable game, a game so bad that it failed in every concieveable way. What I got was a mediocre but fun game that had a number of interesting ideas in play. It's a cheap and fun time killer that doesn't seem like it's going to outstay its welcome. And hoenstly, sometimes a little crap is all you really want

Advertisement