Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

advice on what to do!!!

Options
  • 28-03-2013 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hey

i got a last minute place on a short 3 week fas course starting last week . Its a competancy test so time is tight so i cudnt just swan off to suspend my payment. On friday i went in as it was my first chance... I explained everythn and girl at reception suspended my payment there and then.
    Today was the first pay off fas and i was down a day and when i asked was told social should pay for this day.
    So today i popped into post office and there was a full week there for me. I didnt know what to do so i just took it.

What could have gone wrong here??
    When i sign back on what will happen to me?
    If some of the welfare experts on here could advise me on what to do id apreciate it.
    I am on j.b by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

It's always a back week with FÁS payments and the dole.
    So the money this week was for last week. You'll probably have some more money in next week, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

No im pretty sure ive gotten paid too much.... Some off fas and a week off the dole wen i was just expecting a day r so. The only thing i can think of is the woman forgot to suspend my payment as it was just reception lady that done it as no body else was in on friday evening ... And that is d only time i can get in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 7,920 Mod ✭✭✭✭cee_jay

kelledy wrote: »
    No im pretty sure ive gotten paid too much.... Some off fas and a week off the dole wen i was just expecting a day r so. The only thing i can think of is the woman forgot to suspend my payment as it was just reception lady that done it as no body else was in on friday evening ... And that is d only time i can get in.

Please do not use text speak on this forum. It makes your post harder to read, so people are then disinclined to help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭kelledy

cee_jay wrote: »
    Please do not use text speak on this forum. It makes your post harder to read, so people are then disinclined to help you.

So your saying that because i used r instead of or
    and wen instead of when, people will choose not to help.
    Are people really that ignorant or bothered??

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭d@rk l0rd

It's a pain to have to try to read text speak and looks awful. Please use English.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭maryk123

Look don't worry if you have been over paid social welfare will just take it back a few euro a week when you are back on social welfare. At the end of the day you didn't get a full week this week. Fas only gave you some money and social welfare didn't give you the right money. Document everything yourself. Write down what day you went to social welfare and write down how much you got at fas and ow much you got off social welfare. If fas give you the full amont next week then don't collect payment at the post office from social welfare. If you get paid by fas at the post office ask the girl how much is there and just take the fas money - you don't have to take both payments.

Hope this helps

Advertisement