Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alternative Exam Date

Options
  • 28-03-2013 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Does anyone know if you are able to arrange an alternative date to sit an exam that clashes with an important personal date?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

shaggy_b wrote: »
    Does anyone know if you are able to arrange an alternative date to sit an exam that clashes with an important personal date?

You can't arrange a date but possibly do resits if the date is unsuitable due to some special reason, i.e. medical examination...

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaggy_b

Thanks a million. If that was the case would my GPA drop if I had to resit?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭red_bairn

shaggy_b wrote: »
    Thanks a million. If that was the case would my GPA drop if I had to resit?
    What can I do if I miss a mid-term assignment / exam because of circumstances beyond my control?

You can apply for ‘Extenuating Circumstances’ – which takes into account unforeseen circumstances in students’ lives that prevent them from attending class, handing in assignments or sitting exams. For more information on what constitutes ‘extenuating circumstances’ as well as guidance notes and application forms then do refer to UCD policy here.

[-Source]

• Registered Users Posts: 4 shaggy_b

Thanks again

Advertisement