Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

calling from abroad

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

I cant pay my credit card bill online since I moved abroad, I cannot contact the Bank of Ireland from my mobile. I have tried to ring multiple times and it costs on average 10euro just to get past the automated call service. Is it possible to request a callback or do you offer the possibility to contact the bank via email?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi Funkygreendogs,

If you already had your Credit Card set up to make payments to it online, moving abroad should not affect it.  If you have received a new card and it is Bank of Ireland, you can add it yourself as a bill online to make payments.  To add it as a bill please do the following:
    • On the left hand navigation bar select “Money Transfer”
    • From the list provided select “Add a Payee”
    • Choose the type of payee you wish to add from the list provided (a credit card must be added as a Bill). 
    • Choose a security code delivery method (by mobile phone or by post).  
    • Click continue.
    • Enter the payee details.
    • Click continue
    • You will then be pin verified

You will then be sent a 7 digit security code.  I have attached the link to the FAQs section here from the Banking 365 website explaining how you can active the Payee once you receive the activation code. 

Thanks

Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 5,141 ✭✭✭Yakuza

Call +353 1 404 4000 from Skype, that'll get you to 365online (I use that within Ireland as well, as the 1890 number isn't included in my minutes).

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭Funkygreendogs

Yakuza wrote: »
    Call +353 1 404 4000 from Skype, that'll get you to 365online (I use that within Ireland as well, as the 1890 number isn't included in my minutes).
    Great idea Yakuza, ill definitely try that.

Linda: Do you know if it will work with a foreign mobile number or address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

Hi Funkygreendogs,

Thanks for posting.

The +353 1 4044000 number should work with Skype.

Thanks

Billy

Advertisement