Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hot water tank

Options
  • 28-03-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

My hot water had not been working the past couple of days so I tried to release the tanks valve to release some pressure. Left it for about 15 seconds and closed it back. Now the taps won't work and it seems there is not enough pressure in the tank? What should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭corkgsxr

Take a pict of the air valve you released

• Registered Users Posts: 3 n vwls llwd

corkgsxr wrote: »
    Take a pict of the air valve you released
    I just released air using this switch

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭rightjob!

your hot water was not working as in not getting hot or no water from the taps?
    that valve you opened up is a filler loop for the heating.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 n vwls llwd

First there was no hot water, no water at all this morning in shower and very little from tap

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭nmacc

The valve you posted has nothing to do with the flow of hot water from your taps.

You may have a problem with the water level in the cold water storage tank in the loft. Start there.

If it's full, then you may have an airlock in the hot water system. Best way to clear this is to cover the spout of the kitchen mixer with your hand and turn on first the hot & then the cold water. Let them run for about 30 secs to a minute then turn them off, cold first.

Usually that'll clear an airlock, but you might be unlucky and have a non-return valve in the hot line. In which case you will still have an airlock and will also most likely be quite wet by now.

If the airlock clears you need to figure out what caused it. Usually this only happens if the tank in the loft runs dry, which might happen if the water in the area is turned off for a while.

• Advertisement
Advertisement