Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The effects of the Troubles on Southen society / The IRA during the Emergency Podcast

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

http://nearfm.ie/podcast/the-history-show-episode-thirteen/

Episode thirteen of the History Show on Near FM. On today’s episode we’re joined by Dr. Brian Hanley of University College Dublin.

Dr. Brian Hanley is the author of The IRA – A documentary History, 1919 – 2005; The IRA, 1926 – 1936; and with Scott Millar, The Lost Revolution, The Story of the Official IRA and the Workers’ Party.

In the first half of the show, John interviews Brian about the IRA during the Emergency (World War II).

In the second half of the show John and Brian discuss the effect of the Troubles in Northern Ireland on southern society.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 564 ✭✭✭thecommietommy

http://nearfm.ie/podcast/the-history-show-episode-thirteen/

Episode thirteen of the History Show on Near FM. On today’s episode we’re joined by Dr. Brian Hanley of University College Dublin.

Dr. Brian Hanley is the author of The IRA – A documentary History, 1919 – 2005; The IRA, 1926 – 1936; and with Scott Millar, The Lost Revolution, The Story of the Official IRA and the Workers’ Party.

In the first half of the show, John interviews Brian about the IRA during the Emergency (World War II).

In the second half of the show John and Brian discuss the effect of the Troubles in Northern Ireland on southern society.
    Hanley is a partitionist and British apologist, not ar$ed to listen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

... not ar$ed to listen.

But yet 'ar$ed' to post a negative comment.

If you have nothing but negativity to post you should keep it to yourself, particularly in the manner above in regard of a post that someone has made of information that forum users can access if they wish.

Moderator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭GRMA

I think Hanleys documentary history of the IRA is excellent if a little short on provo material (not his fault I guess) and his book on the workers party are excellent (particularly the latter). Decent enough skin I thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭brennan1979

GRMA wrote: »
    I think Hanleys documentary history of the IRA is excellent if a little short on provo material (not his fault I guess) and his book on the workers party are excellent (particularly the latter). Decent enough skin I thought.

He is a decent fella and he is very generous with his time.

http://www.theirishstory.com/tag/brian-hanley/#.UVYtRFdTGSo

There's a link here to a couple of articles he's written and podcasts he has been involved with for the Irish Story website.

Advertisement