Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to go about teaching in NI..

Options
  • 28-03-2013 1:05am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hey all.

Currently doing the PDE in post primary and am horrified by the job prospects here in republic. I'm thinking of trying northern ireland also for jobs and there seems to be more there than here :( DAM IRELAND!!!!

What I am wondering is if anyone knows about how to go about this?
    Do I need to register with the teaching council up there before I can apply for jobs? I'm at the early stages of looking into this so would appreciate any help anyone has.

Another question I have is that I dont graduate until June so can I apply for jobs before this or do I have to wait?

thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Rioghain

I'm doing the PDE too at the moment and recently had a talk from a recruiter for the UK who told us the the job prospects in NI are worse than the Republic, so maybe you could look at England, where there seems to be more of a chance of getting a job.

As far as I know you have to register with the teaching council here, as you are completing the programme in Ireland, but maybe somebody could clarify this.

I know if people handing in CVs to schools already even though the haven't completed the PDE.

Advertisement