Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Too Late to Start ACCA

Options
  • 27-03-2013 10:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

I would like opinions on whether I have left it too late to start studying both f5 and f7 for the June exams was thinking of starting college this week or next and getting stuck in, the college I am considering puts their lectures up on line I have missed about4/ 5 classes of each but I plan to go online and catch up and I have a whole two months ahead to study and do exam questions....am I being realistic or not? Im sure there is plenty of people out their doing two modules who haven't done a tap yet so what are my chances? got exemptioms so these are my first ACCA exams.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭jjjd

pink5 wrote: »
    I would like opinions on whether I have left it too late to start studying both f5 and f7 for the June exams was thinking of starting college this week or next and getting stuck in, the college I am considering puts their lectures up on line I have missed about4/ 5 classes of each but I plan to go online and catch up and I have a whole two months ahead to study and do exam questions....am I being realistic or not? Im sure there is plenty of people out their doing two modules who haven't done a tap yet so what are my chances? got exemptioms so these are my first ACCA exams.

It's certainly not too late if you are willing to put in the work. The standard closing date to register for the exams is 8th April. It is very expensive to enter for the exams after this date. While you may have missed some lectures most of the ACCA colleges will run revision courses in May so you will catch up in no time. Keep the head down and you should be fine. Plenty of time left to prepare if you use it wisely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 561 ✭✭✭keano2012

personally i think it might be especially as these are your first ACCA exams. There is quite a bit of work in F7. I was exempt from F5 so cant really comment on that. You will already be playing catch up. I think for now- if it was me just concentrate on one. But like i said that's my opinion!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 pink5

So do you think I would be ok with doing one from now until june? The way I am looking at it is that the majority of students who have been attending classes for the last 5 or 6 weeks will not have started any serious studying yet so really I am not too far behind. Has anyone ever started an acca course this late into the classes and passed? And if I was to just concentrate on one, would F5 be easier than F7?

Advertisement