Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do we apply for children's allowance ?

Options
  • 27-03-2013 9:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭

How do we apply, what do we need, and where ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Big Davey wrote: »
    How do we apply, what do we need, and where ?

Once your childs birth is registered ca is automatically granted. You will get letter a few weeks after registering asking you to nominate which post office or bank account to pay allowance to.
    It will be back dated but if child is born in February (even gone first ) for example

ca is not paid for that month.
    You can register birth in hospital usually . But if you can't cos of weekend birth for example you go to local birth marriage office. Check phone book for details

If you are married only one parent need to attend birth register. If you were married in same area then they will have marriage cert on file.
    If parents are unmarried then both need to be present to register both parent names

Think it costs about 12euro

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

We have not registered the birth yet but we phoned the office and they have our details as the hospital got us to sign a form baby was born 3 weeks ago when should we expect to start getting paid ? Thanks for the advice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

You need to register the birth before you start getting CB paid. So if you register baby this week you'll probably get your first payment in May.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

It is quite fast
    So birth has been registered?
    Next I think you will get letter asking you where you want ca to be paid to
    It's very fast then
    Sorry I'm a bit hazy on time frame youngest will be 3 next week

Congrats :)

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Big Davey

Lisha wrote: »
    It is quite fast
    So birth has been registered?
    Next I think you will get letter asking you where you want ca to be paid to
    It's very fast then
    Sorry I'm a bit hazy on time frame youngest will be 3 next week

Congrats :)
    I thought what we did at the hospital was registration but now realise it wasn't will jump on it tomorrow.
    Thanks all.

• Advertisement
Advertisement