Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2014 Free Agency

• 27-03-2013 8:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

I thought it might be a good idea to try and get a bit of discussion going on the 2014 free agency, such is the talent that will be available.

Many teams will have been building their roster over the last year or two with one eye on making a splash. The Bulls for example are one such team who seem to have everything focused on this free agency class.

Here's a link with a list of everyone who is on track to be a free agent by position, sorry it's too long to copy and paste in:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

A small list of the most notable players includes LeBron, Melo, Pau, Dirk and Kobe.

So how do you see the 2014 free agency going? Do you think your team will be able to make much of a splash and if so, who do you want and why (apart from the obvious with LeBron :pac:)?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Paully D wrote: »
    I thought it might be a good idea to try and get a bit of discussion going on the 2014 free agency, such is the talent that will be available.

Many teams will have been building their roster over the last year or two with one eye on making a splash. The Bulls for example are one such team who seem to have everything focused on this free agency class.

Here's a link with a list of everyone who is on track to be a free agent by position, sorry it's too long to copy and paste in:

http://www.hoopsworld.com/2014-nba-free-agents/

A small list of the most notable players includes LeBron, Melo, Pau, Dirk and Kobe.

So how do you see the 2014 free agency going? Do you think your team will be able to make much of a splash and if so, who do you want and why (apart from the obvious with LeBron :pac:)?

Way to steal my post bro! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Way to steal my post bro! :rolleyes:

Sorry, but I actually have no idea what you are talking about mate. How have I stolen your post? :confused: It's something I've spoken about before a few times so decided to create a dedicated thread. :confused:

Oh, it's just remarkably similar to a post of mine in the NBA thread from earlier today, with the same link featured and similar comments....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056792573&page=75

No worries though, was just me being a little smart and very tired.

Oh, it's just remarkably similar to a post of mine in the NBA thread from earlier today, with the same link featured and similar comments....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056792573&page=75

No worries though, was just me being a little smart and very tired.

Honestly never even noticed that mate. I posted in that thread an hour before your post above and haven't returned to it since then. At the time I had just read yet another article about the Bulls targeting the 2014 free agency and decided to create a thread on it as it was something I'd spoken about a few times in the main thread. ''2014 Free Agents NBA'' brings up that link as the first one on Google so that's why I used that one.

No harm done anyway, great minds think alike I guess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,947 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Every kiss and make up, don't want this to turn into the soccer form.

For my team the Warriors I expect the team to invoke Thompson and Barnes.
    I would like to see Landry resigned, Biedrins can just go back to riding Hookers,
    Bogut will be interesting, he has been playing well and the playoffs will give us the answer as to what will happen with him, very hard to find big men l I keep him.
    Warriors definitely will have options, could make a play for someone.

• Advertisement

Honestly never even noticed that mate. I posted in that thread an hour before your post above and haven't returned to it since then. At the time I had just read yet another article about the Bulls targeting the 2014 free agency and decided to create a thread on it as it was something I'd spoken about a few times in the main thread. ''2014 Free Agents NBA'' brings up that link as the first one on Google so that's why I used that one.

No harm done anyway, great minds think alike I guess :)

No worries....as I said I was tired, but when I did open it first I was like :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,062 ✭✭✭walrusgumble

Can someone explain to me , what deal did Andre Iguodala sign? I am only getting my head around NBA contracts. He might "not take up his option" for next season with the Nuggets. I know that his deal involved a lot of transfers (connected with eg Howard going to LA Lakers) . Just seems he is coy on whether he will stay with Nuggets next season. It is not like he is old.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭stuchyg

He has an option to sign an extension to his current deal for one year that would pay him roughly $12 million. If he decides not to sign with them he becomes a free agent. Denver could then offer him a 3/4 year deal for perhaps $8 million a year offering him more money over a longer period of time, therefore offering him more financial and professional security. Hope that helps

Anyone think LeBron will be opting out come 2014 given how banged up Wade is looking (Wade's not getting any younger either)?

Anyone think LeBron will be opting out come 2014 given how banged up Wade is looking (Wade's not getting any younger either)?

Could do. Bosh has looked useless throughout the playoffs too. Back to Cleveland to win a chip with kyrie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭nerd69

Aparently the luxury cap tax would be insane for the 2014 should Miami keep the big 3 iv heard its basically a choice between lebron going home to Cleveland to a very good young team or going to LA to the big market to tak over from lebron Cleveland seems most likely to me

nerd69 wrote: »
    Aparently the luxury cap tax would be insane for the 2014 should Miami keep the big 3 iv heard its basically a choice between lebron going home to Cleveland to a very good young team or going to LA to the big market to tak over from lebron Cleveland seems most likely to me

The thing with lbj is he doesn't need a big market. He was already the biggest player in the world when he signed with mia

I'd be surprised if he stayed at Miami to be honest.

Wade is not getting any younger, and lets be honest, it must hurt him getting paid the same amount of money as Bosh.

If he opts out, he can command a max salary and get five guaranteed years. It also gives him an opportunity to move to a younger team where he can see out the rest of his prime years as he'll be 30 when the opt out is an option.

He'll want to go somewhere where he has as much help as possible, and the main options are probably going to be Miami, Cleveland, Chicago and LA.

As Nerd has pointed out, due to the CBA supposed to help stop these loaded teams like the Heat, the repeater tax penalties will probably stop the Heat from recruiting any sort of half decent supporting cast unless they give up Bosh. I don't see him in a Chicago uniform (but I'd get to like him pretty quickly if he did :pac:) and who knows what sort of team the Lakers will have come 2014. That would leave Cleveland.

However, the way Gilbert is I wonder if the bridges haven't already been burnt there. However, with Kyrie there and Thompson sharing the same agent as LeBron it would be an interesting option. A young team full of top first round talent with the elder James in tow, and with their cap space they could take a shot at getting some another decent veteran in.

Yeah I realise I've wrote a whole lot of gibberish there and haven't really got a clue what will happen. This time next year we'll all be sick of hearing about it anyway :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,614 ✭✭✭nerd69

I think Gilbert and the cavs fans would get over it very quickly if he went back it would quickly be as if he had never left

Advertisement