Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good starter Rc Car??

Options
  • 27-03-2013 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭

hi guys just wondering what would be a good starter rc car and what would be a fair amount to spend on one.was thinking you could get a decent starter one for around 100-150 euro mark but not sure.any help is much appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭T-Maxx

Forget any cheap crap.

You will crash, you will break stuff, things will wear out. You want access to parts, and hop-ups, now and for the foreseaable future.

Rather buy something decent used, than new rubbish. Depending on what tickles your fancy (short course, crawler, monster truck, mini, micro, ki, RTR, nitro, electric, etc) - HPI, Traxxas, Axial, Losi, AE, to name but a few.

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Forget any cheap crap.

You will crash, you will break stuff, things will wear out. You want access to parts, and hop-ups, now and for the foreseaable future.

Rather buy something decent used, than new rubbish. Depending on what tickles your fancy (short course, crawler, monster truck, mini, micro, ki, RTR, nitro, electric, etc) - HPI, Traxxas, Axial, Losi, AE, to name but a few.

suppose your right there it will probably be mainly used indoors a new rc track has opened up were i live was thinking something for drifting what would you recommend???? would you get something good for say maybe 200 euro new would probably be my max budget.dont know much about it to be honest newbie to the whole thing.i know nitro fuel are meant to be good would they be suitable for indoors???

Best advice under the circumstances would be to hook up with the local lads at the track, they'll point you in the right direction. No point in getting something there's no class for or you being the only one with a brand X whereas they all run brand Y.

T-Maxx wrote: »
    Best advice under the circumstances would be to hook up with the local lads at the track, they'll point you in the right direction. No point in getting something there's no class for or you being the only one with a brand X whereas they all run brand Y.

thanks for the help was thinking the same just wanted a few peoples advise ill keep you posted on what i get if ya like??:pac:

Yeah let us know how you get on.

So wish I could get a crawler club going here but there's FA interest.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jake80

Hi. I wouldn't recommend that car.
    I suggest one of the bigger brand's ready to run (RTR) versions. Hpi, traxxas, Kyosho.

I'm thinking of selling my car. It's a Hpi nitro, RS4 3 drift car.
    I will post a link of the video when I get to a computer. I'm getting rid of everything needed to run it. Starter, fuel, spare wheels etc.

The best with these big brands are that parts are easily available. And they last much longer if you take care of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jake80

Jake80 wrote: »
    Hi. I wouldn't recommend that car.
    I suggest one of the bigger brand's ready to run (RTR) versions. Hpi, traxxas, Kyosho.

I'm thinking of selling my car. It's a Hpi nitro, RS4 3 drift car.
    I will post a link of the video when I get to a computer. I'm getting rid of everything needed to run it. Starter, fuel, spare wheels etc.

The best with these big brands are that parts are easily available. And they last much longer if you take care of it.

http://youtu.be/Bi__m7pDg_w

I was running on very hard tyres in this video, as I didn't have soft tyres with me that day. Good fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

I started off on a h.s.p. Flying fish, which is similar to the car in the link above.

It was good fun for about a year but you will soon grow out of it as there is no way of adjusting the rear diff without using epoxy putty or something along those line's.They tend to slide out of control a lot.

I would advise a known brand with diff adjustment a good solid chassis is the base of a good drift car.

I have two team associated tc3 and a tc4 they are touring car's converted to drift car's they are sweet to drive and as soon as I acquired them my drifting improved ten fold.

Advertisement