Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Train to M3 Parkway on Easter Monday

Options
  • 27-03-2013 4:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

Thinking about going racing on Easter Monday and I can travel up to Fairyhouse using the M3 Parkway. I am not a regular user of trains anymore and this doesn't make sense, maybe its really simple sorry if so!

I looked up the trains on www.irishrail.ie, Connolly to M3 Parkway, and they all say change in Clonsilla, for example:

12.49 out of Connolly tells me to travel to Clonsilla where I will arrive at 13.10 and then wait there for the 13.15 train to M3 Parkway.

What train will I be on to Clonsilla - Sligo train or Maynooth is it? And where does the M3 Parkway train originate? Is it just a shuttle train between Clonsilla and M3 Parkway? I thought it might be Docklands but that station is closed all day Easter Monday?

Also can I use the Leap Card going to M3 Parkway or is it outside the belt?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

You get any Maynooth local services and catch a shuttle train at Clonsilla; Sligo trains don't serve Clonsilla station. There is buses laid on from M3 Parkway and your leap card is valid for your trip. There is travel information on the link below :)

http://www.fairyhouse.ie/Fairyhouse/Come-Racing/How-To-Get-To-Fairyhouse/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭wicklowwonder

You get any Maynooth local services and catch a shuttle train at Clonsilla; Sligo trains don't serve Clonsilla station. There is buses laid on from M3 Parkway and your leap card is valid for your trip. There is travel information on the link below :)

http://www.fairyhouse.ie/Fairyhouse/Come-Racing/How-To-Get-To-Fairyhouse/

Thanks saw that link alright, it was the shuttle service and if I travelled the Maynooth or Sligo train that confused me. Brilliant thanks for all the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,516 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Yep, you get the Maynooth train from Connolly to Clonsilla - get off at Clonsilla (Platform 1), and head over the bridge to Platform 3 where the M3 Parkway shuttle will be waiting. Same situation on the way back - shuttle will stop at Platform 3, then you can walk down to Platform 2 for the train back into town.

Advertisement