Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Business on Line cross border charge

Options
  • 27-03-2013 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭

Hello,

I normally pay a UK supplier via business on line (which is a steaming pile of .... but thats for another day)

When I did a two day payment last month the BOI charge was 5 euro, I did payment today to the same supplier and the BOI charge was 12.50.

Why has this charge increased & where was the notification to customers that it was increasing?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Nutzz,

Thanks for your query. This price margin change was driven by the on-going costs associated with the provision of Foreign Exchange. We notified customers through a Press Ad in on 4th January 2013, two months in advance of the changes coming into effect on 11th March 2013.

The new pricing can also be found in our Schedule of International Transaction Charges which can be found here and in our Schedule of Fees and Charges for Business Customers here.

If there's anything else we can help you with, please let us know.

Thanks
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 3,774 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

A press ad? Come on! What about using this forum as well?

With respect to your link I see no mention of any Business on Line specific outward cross border payments

I see with 365 online payments to the UK there is no handling charge

I see a 12 euro handling charge for Branch services,

Under the business online section only inward payments are specified

So where is the notification on this that the pricing has changed from 5 euro to 12 euro?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 354 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Pat

Hi Nuttzz,

Apologies, the failure to notify our customers about these changes through our 'Talk to' forum was an oversight on our part. I have also updated my original post to include the Schedule of Fees and Charges for Business customers.

Business on Line customers would have also received a diary message via Business On Line about the charges.

You can view the original press release here. This clearly lays out the details of the changes that were implemented.

Thanks again
    Pat

Advertisement