Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Signs of Implantation??

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭

Hi Everyone,

First day of my last period was march 8th & me & my husband have started ttc since march 16th. However, last night and today I'm getting period like cramps & lower back pain. Also last couple of days I've been feeling tired & bloated. Just wondering if these can be positive signs that implantation is occurring?

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

er1983 wrote: »
    Hi Everyone,

First day of my last period was march 8th & me & my husband have started ttc since march 16th. However, last night and today I'm getting period like cramps & lower back pain. Also last couple of days I've been feeling tired & bloated. Just wondering if these can be positive signs that implantation is occurring?

I'd think closer to being ovulation. I know that's how I feel when I'm ovulating. It could also be just your period on its way.

I *think* the most you might notice about implantation is a little spotting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

Hi Everyone,

Hi,
    I never had ovulation pain/spotting but on the cycle I got pregnant on, about a week and a half after ov I had a little spotting and feeling crampy. I thought it was my period coming a few days early - don't know if it was implantation or not.
    Unfortunately, from my 12+ years of TTC, early pg symptoms appear to be exactly the same as period symptoms! The only way to know is to do a test when you are due or when you are a day or two late. Fingers crossed for you; have patience - it can take months, even with two perfectly fertile, healthy people. Make sure to start taking your folic acid, and cut down/stop the booze/fags etc to give yourself the best chance. Good luck!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭MurdyWurdy

I knew I was pregnant about a week before we got a positive test (and I was testing almost every day) - I didn't know by bloating/period type pains because they didn't feel really out of the ordinary, it was by my boobs. I had very tender and sore nipples and boobs and it's not a feeling I'd had before when I was due my period (or that I've had since in pregnancy). I had no implantation bleeding at all.

We conceived on our first month of trying so part of me thought I was going mad for being so convinced I was pregnant straight away but another part of me just knew I was!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Dinkie

My boobs were the first sign for me also. They were really tender to the touch. Realised when i went to pick up the dog and banged them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭Nead21

I was exactly the same as Murdy. We conceived the first month of trying. We had joked about having a honeymoon baby but when my boobs got really sore while still on honeymoon, i just knew i was pregnant. Like Murdy because we had just started trying i thought i was mad for thinking i was pregnant. I didnt have any spotting either, just some cramping after a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

I had no symptoms either time. On my first pregnancy I got a bright red bleed which I thought meant my period was on the way. Only when I was confirmed pregnant did I count back and match it up with the date of implantation. This time I had no reason to do a test, there was one in the drawer and I decided to see. It was a bit of shock to see the two lines come up immediately!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭How Strange

I knew I was pregnant before even the clear blue tests could pick it up because I'd feel light headed and slightly out of it. I had these symptoms before confirming both pregnancies.

Any news OP?

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭er1983

Period is late but what's new, usually a few days late each month. Saying that the boobs are sorer than usual & feeling tired, could be coincidence but ill be taking the test later on this week, fingers crossed for a bfp :-)

Fingers crossed for you!!

• Advertisement

Period is late but what's new, usually a few days late each month. Saying that the boobs are sorer than usual & feeling tired, could be coincidence but ill be taking the test later on this week, fingers crossed for a bfp :-)

Fingers, toes & eyes crossed for you!!

Thanks everyone

Period this morning, oh well, maybe next month :-(

Aw, sorry about that... Chin up & keep trying. It can take a perfectly healthy, fertile couple months to conceive, so don't panic yet. Keep up the folic acid and all the healthy lifestyle choices up give yourself the best chances. Good luck!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

On the plus side. It's about 14 days since you had those cramps so it's likey they were ovulation ones. Look out for them this month again and get busy. :)

Sorry to hear that, fingers crossed for this month!

Thanks everyone just so upsetting but sure that's life, fingers crossed for next month

Thanks everyone just so upsetting but sure that's life, fingers crossed for next month

It is upsetting - and unless you're TTC it can be hard to realise just how upsetting and disappointing getting your period or a negative test is. But please try to keep calm! I have had, all in about 12 years of TTC, with my late husband (with whom I did IVF,, male factor infertility and never got a + test) and with my current partner, with whom I would say it took a good 8 months to get pregnant. I know how all-consuming it can become - for years, TTC took over my life. I was obsessive, miserable and constantly disappointed and it got me nowhere. I had to take a big step back as it was ruining my life. After my husband passed away, obviously I wasn't TTC but when I started seeing my partner and we started discussing it, I forced myself to adopt a 'whatever will be, will be' attitude - for my own sanity.
    Please don't get hung up on one month, or fret too much. Enjoy the trying, and don't panic if it doesn't happen straight away. The best of luck c

Advertisement