Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Physiology and health science Carlow IT 2013

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

How ye lads.Im a mature student and ive applied for this course as ive always wanted to be a physio occupational therapist or chiropractor and this is a great way of leading on to those specific studies.As I said im a mature student,im nearly 25,and im a qualified carpenter with a FETAC level 6 cert,i have an interview in may,so what I want to know is will this cert help me get into the course???Ive also been working voluntarily with a physio to further my knowledge of the work,but I know myself I really would love to do that type of work...any help much appreciated guys cheers.:)

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 21,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭entropi

mickeyodee wrote: »
    How ye lads.Im a mature student and ive applied for this course as ive always wanted to be a physio occupational therapist or chiropractor and this is a great way of leading on to those specific studies.As I said im a mature student,im nearly 25,and im a qualified carpenter with a FETAC level 6 cert,i have an interview in may,so what I want to know is will this cert help me get into the course???Ive also been working voluntarily with a physio to further my knowledge of the work,but I know myself I really would love to do that type of work...any help much appreciated guys cheers.:)
    I've had a look for some relevant information on the forum, and this thread looks like it might cover a few of your questions: Physiology & Health Science. As for applying as a mature student, the cert will be helpful, especially if it is related to the course you are applying for (it shows you can perform and succeed at the same level as the Physiology course, which is also level 6). The interview is about more than just your qualifications, it is chatting/talking about who you are, and if you will be a good fit on the course, (enthusiasm and dedication, who you are as a person).

You already sound like this is what you want to do, and have taken the necessary steps to help. Best of luck to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭mickeyodee

yea cheers buddy,I kinda get the feelin from talkin to various people who got into a few courses like this that havin a well known reference is pretty handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 AlliLouise

I'm a past student of this course, there is a big link between this course and colleges in the uk for physiotherapy, OT, radiography, nutrition, etc etc. Some uk colleges are easier to get into but the lecturers in Carlow it would do anything they could to make sure you get a place on the course you wanted. The only thing I would tell you is pick one either physio, OT or chiropractor whichever you want the most because you have to write a personal statement when applying to the uk and if they think you are not solely dedicated to the one thing it might decrease your chances of getting in. Myself i think there are more opportunities in physio but it's obviously up to you. On the other hand, it's a brilliant course,really interesting but tough going. If you need any advice on anything you can pm me. Hope this was helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Undecided95

I'm doing this course in September too. Just wondering if anyone knows can you further your study in OT/Physio in Ireland afterwards or do you have no choice but to go to the UK?

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Triona00

Hi,

I am thinking about this doing this course in Sept.
    I will have completed a fetac course prior to this.
    Can you tell me about the modules that you study?
    What level of biology do you need to do this?
    What is the timetable like?

How you found the course overall?
    I would be thinking about progressing to do physio after this - does the course help with this?

Thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement