Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SmackDown Spoilers for Friday 29/03/2013

Options
  • 27-03-2013 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭

Big Johnny is back!!
    (1) The Rock cuts a promo on Cena, only to be interrupted by John Laurinaitis. Rock and Laurinaitis with a brief back in forth where Laurinaitis says John Cena's the reason he was fired. He also wants to be in Rock's corner at WrestleMania. Rock says lets the people decide, they boo. Rock says he and Laurinaitis should send Cena a message together but they need a handshake first... Rock lays Laurinaitis out with a spinebuster and a People's Elbow. Rock pulls a giant Hershey bar from under the ring, signs it and gives it to kids in the crowd.

(2) Chris Jericho defeats Wade Barrett. Post-match Y2J states he'd rather face the IC Champ at WM29, but will be facing Fandango instead... he of course makes fun of the name, the Fandango props hit, he comes out, he leaves.

(3) Promo for Lesnar vs. Triple H with Paul Heyman and Matt Striker is shown while weight lifting competition is set up for Mark Henry and Ryback.

(4) Ryback and Mark Henry score the same on the strong man weight-lifting competition to smash the NFL record set in 1999, in a controversial finish WWE.com hypes as follows:

"Mark Henry and Ryback broke the NFL Combine record for the 225-pound bench press with a stunning 53 repetitions each during a sold out television taping of SmackDown in Hershey, Penn., on Tuesday night.

"The World's Strongest Man crushed the record of 51 reps, set by Justin Ernest at the 1999 NFL Combine. His count nearly stood at 54, but WWE referee Scott Armstrong elected not to count the final lift."

Booker T and Teddy Long of course remind the manbeasts of their no-contact policy, as Henry promptly drops the weight bar across Ryback's neck, who rolls around choking, unable to complete his last rep.

(5) Mixed-Tag Match: Dolph Ziggler, Big E Langston & AJ Lee vs. Kane, Daniel Bryan & Kaitlyn, has Kane giving the boot to Big E and Kaitlyn pinning AJ for the win.

(6) The Shield cuts a promo on the big screen against Sheamus, Randy Orton and Big Show for WrestleMania.

(7) Jack Swagger vs. The Great Khali in an unwatchably awful match, both counted out, Swagger Patriot Locking Hornswoggle, and Ricardo then taunting Swagger to come git him. This is merely so ADR can sneak into the ring and put the armbreaker on Zeb Colter while Ricardo then hits him with his crutch. Swagger back in the ring in time to be hit by Del Rio.

(8) Backstage Interview: Sheamus, Orton and Show; followed by Twitter hype of Arnold Scwarzenegger inducting Bruno Sammartino.

(9) 3-on-3 Match: Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow & Antonio Cesaro vs. Sheamus, Big Show & Randy Orton: Sh-Ort-Show get the win of course. The Shield then appears, only to be chased off into the crowd, chased down, caught and beat down. Sheamus, Orton and Sheamus pose at the top of the stairs victoriously to close the show.

Sounds a good show - weird that they had Big E have a match and not just Debut at Mania!!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Yeah, the spoiler's I'd read made it out that Big E was just at ringside, and that the match was D-Bry and Kaitlyn, with Kane at ringside, against Ziggler and AJ.

Granted the one I read mentioned nothing of The Rock and Big Johnny either.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Laurinaitis trying to inject himself in the WM main event sounds like a fun troll, glad they flatlined it. He'd be as useful as Debra in the WMX7 build.

"Post-match Y2J states he'd rather face the IC Champ at WM29" That's a really mean thing to way. Way to talk up Fandango. What's best for Fandango is a singles match with Jericho, but I wouldn't begrudge those two being added to Barrett's match for a 4 way. I wonder how Jericho beat Barrett...

Mark Henry/Ryback segment sounds awesome - wasn't going to check out SD but I might just for this segment. The rest I can live without, sure I'll just catch the recap on RAW's billion vid packages.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,444 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Denny M wrote: »
    Yeah, the spoiler's I'd read made it out that Big E was just at ringside, and that the match was D-Bry and Kaitlyn, with Kane at ringside, against Ziggler and AJ.

Yeah, I read the same on other sites. Given they were building Big E's debut at Mania up, I'd say it was just Bryan/Kat vs Ziggler/AJ, and one dodgy set of spoilers has been sent round by mistake to a tonne of sites...

I also wonder if that's more or less the end of Zeb then; certainly on Raw, they've lowered his TV time dramatically...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I also wonder if that's more or less the end of Zeb then; certainly on Raw, they've lowered his TV time dramatically...

I was thinking that too - maybe they are weaning him out - building for swaggers loss and post mania suspension - moving ADR on to someone else - hopefully as a result of a cash in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,628 ✭✭✭Ando's Saggy Bottom

Sh-Ort-Show!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭PinkFly

"Rock pulls a giant Hershey bar from under the ring, signs it and gives it to kids in the crowd."

Eh wtf?!

In fairness it sounds a lot more eventful than Raw!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,446 ✭✭✭✭Penn

PinkFly wrote: »
    "Rock pulls a giant Hershey bar from under the ring, signs it and gives it to kids in the crowd."

Eh wtf?!

The show was in Hershey, Pennsylvania. I'm guessing that's where Hershey's chocolate comes from.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So no Mania matches made so far for Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So no Mania matches made so far for Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow and Antonio Cesaro :rolleyes:

The first two are in a pointless 8 person tag but the latter has still no match nor is there anything lined up.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,900 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

GTR63 wrote: »
    The first two are in a pointless 8 person tag but the latter has still no match nor is there anything lined up.

Is that with Brodus and Albert and the dancers? WTF :mad:

Jericho also deserves better than Fandicko (did him and Truth ever get their tag title match?)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is that with Brodus and Albert and the dancers? WTF :mad:

Jericho also deserves better than Fandicko (did him and Truth ever get their tag title match?)
    Nope. I remember when they were doing those weird clips of him taking phrases literally, said that they wouldn't get their shot, and then spilled milk while pretending to cry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He ended up getting a shot at the tag titles whilst teaming with someone else I think. Though that may have been on NXT and therefore doesn't count!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

He teamed with Perfect Jnr IIRC.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

The end of the show is fairly cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

rovert wrote: »
    The end of the show is fairly cool.

Yeah looked really good.

Hopefully the Shield go over at Mania though

• Registered Users Posts: 28,968 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was surprised The Rock didn't interrupt Johnny when he was introducing himself.

I was thinking during Ziggler's match how I love WWE's consistency. They recognised the members of The Shield from NXT and they recognised Big E when he first appeared, yet now they keep talking about how they look forward to seeing him in a match. What did they think he was doing over at NXT, where he's the champ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Highlight of the WrestleMania build so far has to be the big return of Mr. Laurinaitis. Rock doesn't know what he's missing by turning him down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Really good Smackdown. Heyman's promo on Triple H was excellent. Other highlights were The Shield's segments and The bench press competition - laughed a lot at the ending. It's a great no-nonsense rivalry.

Weird how The Rock has lived in the vicinity of every town WWE visit these days.:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,641 ✭✭✭andyman

Was that a slight pop that Big Johnny got?

Advertisement