Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Cold Start Problems Mk4 Golf 1.4

Options
  • 27-03-2013 3:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

having problems last few days with the car.

when i go to start it on cold start it idles low around 400 to 600 revs and will cut out after few seconds, but if i hold rev it slighty and let off easy it will start to idle right.

just wondering what might be causing the problem.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Could be the battery's on the way out, had a similar problem with my car, it might be worth looking into

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Alan O R

It could be a number of things but most certainly its temp sender will cause the cold start not to kick in

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

Maybe temp sender but usually a faulty temp sender will result in a non-start. Sounds more like a dirty throttle body that needs to be cleaned and have its angle reset.

Advertisement