Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The next step up

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Hey All

Im just about to finish the P90X programme. Its been pretty good, I was fairly inactive for about a year before undertaking it and my diet was sh*te but have gotten that back on track.

Im kinda stripped down now, lost a stone but this was mostly my gut! Now I want to build up again. What home based (I just cant keep myself going to the gym and find it easier to just pop into the spare room) programme can I do to bulk up. I have my diet plan worked out and Im looking to add about 8-10 lbs of muscle.

I was talking to a mate who said, as Im in my late 30's, that I should do one day upper body, one lower and one total body with some high impact cardio for a day.

Was looking online and saw Laird Hamiltons website; hes suggesting that I should be doing 3/4 days of total body with light cardio in between days.

My 'home gym' consists of bench, barbel and dumbells and have a good range of weights.

What dya reckon?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 aaronmcnulty

hi well ive been doing bodybuilding a while now and i no that eating at least 4 eggs before you train is the best protein and try do 3 sets with about 10 reps on them all. what i do is bicep and back on monday, rest tuesday, abs and legs wednesday, rest thursday, tricep and chest friday and rest saturday and then abs and legs sunday and shoulders twice a week try do the most a hour.. i hope this helps ask me for any information.

Advertisement