Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 Application

Options
  • 27-03-2013 12:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Can anyone tell me if and how you can apply for your j1 visa and book your embassy appointment before you book your flights?

It seems like I have to book my flights before i do anything through the usit website but I dont have definite dates I can fly out just yet.

Any help appreciated, thanks:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

Can anyone tell me if and how you can apply for your j1 visa and book your embassy appointment before you book your flights?

It seems like I have to book my flights before i do anything through the usit website but I dont have definite dates I can fly out just yet.

Any help appreciated, thanks:)

You need to do everything through your travel agent unfortunately. As regards dates, you'd really want to get them nailed down. Forget about travelling out any time after mid-June if you want a good chance of getting work. My advice is to get out there as soon as your possibly can (Remembering you can't officially start until June 1st) It would be foolish to do a J1 and not get out there early.

As regards your flights, ring USIT and I'm sure you can progress your application. They normally let you choose your embassy time and dates (Its normally a Wednesday morning by the way) I didn't have my flights fully booked as I was doing a multi-city flight so it shouldn't be an issue (Having said that, I went with Go4Less)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jessymoore86

I went with Say it last year - they seem pretty straight forward :)

Advertisement