Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freddie Gibbs Track Name - Request

Options
  • 26-03-2013 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Looking for the name of a Freddie Gibbs track that was posted on this forum a while back (could be over a year now). It's a video of him on top of a building, rapping in a very stream of conciousness kinda way. The rap is ridiculously quick as far as I remember. I think a cassette is placed into a boombox at the start of the video as well. Anyone know the one I'm talking about?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Possibly my favourite tune by him over one of the best beats of all time - "How We Do" and "93 Til...".

The second verse is insanely good. His flow is impecable on it.

There are so many good lines in it, but the second and third last are up there for me:
    But now I know that love is a four letter word
    Like fuck this shit

So simple.

Fack. I spent too long writing up my post. Didn't think anyone else would have posted the video.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

Cheers lads, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Fack. I spent too long writing up my post. Didn't think anyone else would have posted the video.

early bird catches the worm :D...

i was big in to freddie around then, iv lost interest over the years a lot like jay electronica tbh. Iv being listening to him again the past week or so on spotify, the baby face killa tape isnt bad and that bout bout it track has got some serious spins this week.

he's not with jeezy anymore too which personally i think is a good move for him, he's too talented to be under jeezy imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

early bird catches the worm :D...

i was big in to freddie around then, iv lost interest over the years a lot like jay electronica tbh. Iv being listening to him again the past week or so on spotify, the baby face killa tape isnt bad and that bout bout it track has got some serious spins this week.

he's not with jeezy anymore too which personally i think is a good move for him, he's too talented to be under jeezy imo.

I can understand losing interest in Jay Elec. I think he's lost interest in himself. Chap doesn't seem to give a ****.

Freddie, on the otherhand, is still putting out quality music. Almost everything I've heard from him over the past year has been brilliant.

I'm convinced his album with Madlib will be as close to a modern classic as you can get. Everything they have released so far has been perfect. I know Freddie can adjust his style to any beat, but he seems to really have struck gold with Madlib. Thuggin' is a sensational beat and song.

Yea, getting free from Jeezy was a good idea. Hopefully he learns from that and the Aftermath incident and doesn't bother going on a label. Go independent, like Chamillionaire, and you can put out whatever you want. The style of artist Gibbs is he can't have his music watered down by label execs. If it is then it's nowhere near as good.

2013 could be a huge year for him if you go by the information on his Wikipedia page. Apparently, he has a studio album, two mixtapes, two collab albums and an EP on the way. He's turning into Curren$y in terms of output.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭LUPE

Quality > quantity.

Curren$y is garbage.

Advertisement