Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Powerflush / DeSludge Rads Recommendation?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

Hi all,

Having a major issue for 12+ months with central heating where well over half the rad in an arc in the middle is cold. This happened after replacing circulation pump (with a slightly stonger one!) but its fairly consistent throughout 12/13 rads.

Its a closed system with only oil heating.

Rads are about 12 yrs old. spoke to local plumber and he suggested using mains pressure to flush each rad but quoted 600-800 to do this as it would take a few days and would carry no guarantee it would work :eek:

Also having issues with hot water pressure but I think thats a simpler issue (I hope)

Could anyone recommend anyone servicing the north kildare area who might be able to sort this for a bit less? Or at least with a guarantee for that money? Can ill afford it with what we're spending on oil this LONG LONG winter!

Thanks in advance

Anacou

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,677 ✭✭✭shane0007

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭TPM

Shane is a good man, he will do a proper job for you

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

shane0007 wrote: »
    PM sent

Could you drop me a PM too Shane... something I'd like to get done over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Anacou

Thanks all, have pm'd you shane

Advertisement