Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost to get chimney cowl fitted

Options
  • 26-03-2013 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone know the rough price to get a chimney cowl fitted?

I've gotten a quote of €60 for a basic anti-bird one, €120 for an anti-rain one. Reckon that's about right?

Not sure why the rain one is €60 more as I would have thought it was just an additional bit of metal on top.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

While it does not take long to fit 1 (10 minutes) they have to get up there, €60 is a good price I think, I know one guy here in Scotland who buys his from Ireland, he reckons it is cheaper,

I would be guessing the rain one costs more because there is more cost in producing it.

Make sure he/she does not use PVA.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Make sure he/she does not use PVA.

Do you mean the adhesive and just sticks it on:eek:

I have a good up draught from my chimeys which help with air movement through the house which is great as have long but very narrow windows and hall can be quite stuffy.

If I was to fit anti bird guards would this reduce the up draught in anyway.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcShBxW6weRkhEigOq6aJfcDL9AKHq9cnAjE1VkRDGXgJ7yeC4ndlA

or should I go for one like this,

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQSP9Zwf-vhcwz6hn6NX3wHtrOAQZv883svEUPQNNRXiplAtFsF

• Registered Users Posts: 13,680 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

danjo-xx wrote: »
    If I was to fit anti bird guards would this reduce the up draught in anyway.

Anti-bird ones wouldn't affect air flow as it's just the cage without the lid part

Looks more like this

afaik the ones with the lids are anti-downdraught so might limit air flow

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

mrcheez wrote: »
    Anti-bird ones wouldn't affect air flow as it's just the cage without the lid part

Looks more like this

afaik the ones with the lids are anti-downdraught so might limit air flow

I think that one is only a crow guard and not a full anti bird guard.

Advertisement