Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone want to play squash in dublin?

Options
  • 26-03-2013 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

As the title says, anyone up for a game in dublin? Evening or weekends be the best...

Im around the smithfield area but dont mind travelling around... as long as its not too far!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 734 ✭✭✭abceire

the spawell in templeogue have a box league you could join, it run over a month, 5 people in a box, you play everyone once in your box, the good people move up a box at end of month, the less good move down a box, and all you do is pay for your court time in the spawell. it's all organised online, clubmanager.ie so easy to set up matches etc. it seems to have a good mix of levels too.
    Also training sessions are held in Della Salle churchtown secondary school for the Della Salle team with people like myself going along to to make up the numbers if they are short, the coach's name is mick0872569830, drop him a text if you're interested, it's tues and thurs 7pm until 9pm, they try have 8 people gals and guys, and again there usually a good mix of standards, I heard mount pleasant squash club have open friday nights were anyone can drop in and play and you don't need to be a member.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 APSA

UCD have courts available for non-members. I can give you a game there but its been a while!

I'd give you a game

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭wobbles-grogan

Me too, whens good for you? (either of ye!!)

pm if still interested i guess...

• Registered Users Posts: 1 RonanJD

I'm interested in playing while I'm around for July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Anyone knows any pay as you go Squash club for beginners in South Dublin??

UCD let you play as you go but you can only book on the day.

Spawell in Templogue is pay as you go, weekdays before 4pm it's 7.50 an hour, and 15euro and hour after that, sat sun it's 10 euros an hour. These courts are dirty but fine other wise, no heat in winter though and no fan in summer./snip is the number.
    Ballyfermot have a community center with courts, it's 12 euro for 40 mins, they're really nice courts. /snip
    Della Salle secondary school in Churchtown have courts you can book from 6pm to 11pm weekdays and all day sat and sun. You can only ring and book after 6pm during the week, can be hard to get them on the phone, but they've a website with the number. /snip is the number i've for them. nice courts too.

I just pay and play, anyone fancy a game in Dublin I'm up to play. I started a Spawell facebook page just so people who wanted to meet up for pay n play game could have somewhere to organise meeting for a game.
    Anyone fancy a game drop me a pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

abceire wrote: »
    I just pay and play, anyone fancy a game in Dublin I'm up to play. I started a Spawell facebook page just so people who wanted to meet up for pay n play game could have somewhere to organise meeting for a game.
    Anyone fancy a game drop me a pm.

can you post the link of the FB page please

• Advertisement

Hi folks, I joined sportsco in Ringsend, they always have courts available. If anyone fancies a game, let me know, I'd love to start playing again.

I have got into trinity so that my squash week booked up they train three times a week with a coach for the summer, all free. So that is me. Spa well box league is good cost nothing but the court time, you go halfs with who you play, four matches a month. Different levels of players grouped together. Friendly peeps guy and gals mixed, I recommend fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 DaithiRi1

Hi all,

I am available to play too. I usually play in Sportslink Santry but happy enough to travel a bit to play. My standard would probably be intermediate to advanced I think. Contact me if you would like a game.

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sam keane

Anyone know of any box leagues for beginners around the north side?

I only know the one in the Spawell but that SouthSide, very near to M50 though if that's any help?

• Registered Users Posts: 18 sam keane

Thanks
    I had a look around but your right I think the spawell is the only option. I was looking at it there and i'd say I'll give it a go.
    Cheers

The lads in the league are a friendly bunch too.

• Registered Users Posts: 990 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

I just started playing squash and would like to play with somebody about 2 times per week. I'm from clongriffin (D13) and there is one squash court near me (15/hour). any other beginner interested in beating me?

I don't want to play, but I would say, if you were paying 15 euros an hour twice a week between two people, that's over 700 euro 52 weeks. There are some really cheap joining fees, the club in Rathmines is only 220 I think to join, and you pay maybe a euro for the lights then each time. Just worth considering.

• Advertisement
Advertisement